advertisement

Only for power cable believers

REALLY? If so my REL is going to be getting a new mains cable tonight.... I figured there would be nothing to come where just sub bass was concerned.
Some time ago I changed the cable on my sub from a standard bit of pre made two core with a moulded figure 8 plug to a piece of Russ Abbott 'yellow whatever-it's-called'. The differences were not at all subtle, similar experience to Thetiminator.

I used to not believe the mains cable foo, but that one really worked. Clearly the piece of limp string I had before could not physically pass enough current.

Some time ago I changed the cable on my sub from a standard bit of pre made two core with a moulded figure 8 plug to a piece of Russ Abbott 'yellow whatever-it's-called'. The differences were not at all subtle, similar experience to Thetiminator.

I used to not believe the mains cable foo, but that one really worked. Clearly the piece of limp string I had before could not physically pass enough current.
Ta tricky.... I'm going to give it a go.

REALLY? If so my REL is going to be getting a new mains cable tonight.... I figured there would be nothing to come where just sub bass was concerned.

Yeh when I bought them (2 x DB1’s) he told me to get decent power cables and get them raised up...well after 3 years I’ve got round to it :p
Power cables were a revelation but didn’t like what the Gaia’s did though...stripped the power out of the bass completely. Might have a look at Townsend bars but only on sale or return in case they have the same effect.

Had a similar revelation with changing the mains cable on the bk xxls400 subwoofer to Russ Andrews yellow cable. The bass was a lot tighter and tuneful.

But a fuse the width of a cat's whisker can! Amazing!

As owner of this site I’d obviously advise against any such modification as it would, at the least, lose any insurance cover, and very likely open the owner up to being sued if any electrical fire impacted their neighbours.
This sadly trumps Any audible benefits in my eyes. I've had to fight insurance companies previously. They will try to escape their commitments for obvious reasons.

advertisement

Back