advertisement

Older car styling

That Alfa Romeo 33 - phwoar! I can certainly see where the 8c got it looks from..

0-alfa-romeo-8c-competizione.jpg

z_alfa_romeo8c.jpg

Giulia Quadrofolio is one modern style and proposition that absolutely floats my boat. Passion and performance enough to keep the Germans in check.

Ever since the Fast & Furious stuff landed alot of car footage is sped up.

A real shame - unless you do it now your cars look 'slow'.

i'm thinking that messrs Giovanazzi, Vettel and Raiknonen really don't need speeded-up coverage for them to make a mere 500hp road car look spectacular.

Gorgeous ?
You need to visit SpecSavers, or another optician.

I think perhaps we have different points of view on what constitutes beauty. I see you had a yellow MG Midget. Very pretty, I agree, but hardly the thing to awaken the manic car-mania of a healthy, say, 14-year-old boy. While the 3.0 CSI probably would. If I may be allowed a sexist paragon, one is an adolescent Hailey Mills, the other is Jane Russel in her prime. Or, to avoid accusations of sexism, one is a youthful Anthony Perkins, the other Robert Mitchum. (Doesn't really work, though...)

Lancia Aurelia B20

Lancia Fulvia HF Fanalone
Both pretty, but look at similar cars from the era. Aston DB 2, 3, 4. AC Aceca. The lancia, try the fiat 124 coupe, the TR 5 and 6, etc. It's not only recent cars that are samey.

It's just a puff-piece, it's to be expected. The same goes for the drift angles. Who will win? Well, a driver who doesn't waste time going sideways, for a start.

advertisement

Back