advertisement

Old stuff: Inca Tech

ABCaudio

Trade: ABCaudio, representing EWA

Bottom left: Magnum pre-amp, upgraded.
Top left: Claymore issue 6
Right: 2 x Claymore FMT tuners

The Claymore and the bottom tuner came as a pair, although the amp needs a little attention. They were caked in filth, and took a dammed good clean... They have cleaned up lovely though! Like new, preserved under a protective layer of grime. With a bit of Colin's magic they should absolutely sing. The only imperfection not age related is some slight damage to the LCD, which has bled a little from the top.

The older tuner (top) is practically NOS, it just lacked original packaging.

I don't know why I keep picking this stuff up, I just like the history I suppose! The new stuff Colin has designed is amazing, but it's great to know where it came from. I wonder if I will end up with TOCA 50W monos one day? That'll be a hard sell to my long suffering wife!!

It's well worth pointing out that as well designing and building the new EWA amps and cables, Colin (@CJ14 ) is servicing and upgrading his old kit from Magnum and Inca Tech. Most of this kit is as old as I am, and after some attention it will be good for about forty years.

The gold Claymore with the optional Projekt Akustic feet always looked more like a posh 'Bouncing Betty', to me!

Page_31.jpeg

Had a friend that always called them Stinka-tech. Never knew why other than it was just silly, as I thought they sounded really good, and I have only heard two, not sure exactly how many ever made it over across the pond, and it seems at least one of them was on a step up transformer if I recall correctly. Those certainly are cool, nice to see them in such nice shape after the clean up, well done!

advertisement

Back