advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+9)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May’s Q&A on BBC News is as cringeworthy as one would expect. She’s got nothing aside from a couple of pre-programmed soundbites and is totally unable to answer even the simple non-challenging questions the BBC have pre-selected. The Peter Principle personified. Utterly delusional.

I knew the BBC were bad, but I didn't know they were this bad... Saint Theresa with her strategically placed halo https://twitter.com/bbc5live/status/1065951085926498304

When do we start reading about May's miraculous deal?

"The vicar's daughter has been ordained by the Lord to deliver Brexit," writes Laura K?

Untitled.png

I don't have much of an opinion; I'm just reading Article 50, there is no mentioning of it.
The CJEU may decide to be lenient, which by all means is fine by me, but the article are clear enough:

Article 50:
A country X inside of the EU decides to withdraw at date Y and notifies EU-X of their intention.
A deal may be or may not be made between X and EU-X.
date Y passes and X is officialy out of the EU, EU-X is renamed to EU.
I think that the jury is still out on a possible revocation of A50, there are people on both sides of the Channel/North Sea who think that it may be revoked without having to go back through A49 etc. As Dec has said, there are a lot of legal minds engaged in this one, it's by no means straightforward.

The text has a part that a strongly disagree with:
"You can't blame the EU for it really. They are coming up with these short time scales and cliff edges because it gives them a negotiating advantage."
This should be "You can't blame the EU for it really, it was decided within the EU that any country leaving would have to deal with a negotiating disadvantage. Could have been any country, it happens to be the UK."

The rules for leaving the EU were not made after the UK decided to power up Article 50. The UK has been part of the group writing down those rules.

The text has a part that a strongly disagree with:
"You can't blame the EU for it really. They are coming up with these short time scales and cliff edges because it gives them a negotiating advantage."
This should be "You can't blame the EU for it really, it was decided within the EU that any country leaving would have to deal with a negotiating disadvantage. Could have been any country, it happens to be the UK."

The rules for leaving the EU were not made after the UK decided to power up Article 50. The UK has been part of the group writing down those rules.

Perhaps but no club worth being a member of should blackmail anyone wanting to leave.

I don't have much of an opinion; I'm just reading Article 50, there is no mentioning of it.
The CJEU may decide to be lenient, which by all means is fine by me, but the article are clear enough:

Article 50:
A country X inside of the EU decides to withdraw at date Y and notifies EU-X of their intention.
A deal may be or may not be made between X and EU-X.
date Y passes and X is officialy out of the EU, EU-X is renamed to EU.

Article 49:
A country X outside of the EU applies to become a member...
Best leave it to the lawyers, eh?

Perhaps but no club worth being a member of should blackmail anyone wanting to leave.
It's not blackmail, it's what was decided on by all the members about how the game would be played.

Also, according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_from_the_European_Union
"Article 50, which allows a member state to withdraw, was originally drafted by Scottish cross-bench peer and former diplomat Lord Kerr of Kinlochard, the secretary-general of the European Convention, which drafted the Constitutional Treaty for the European Union.[5] Following the failure of the ratification process for the European Constitution, the clause was incorporated into the Treaty of Lisbon which entered into force in 2009.[6]"

Well, that's gotta suck.

This Gibraltar thing and I forget the other thing that popped up is just to condition people to the idea that 'the deal is done so don't think you can re-negotiate bits of it now or everyone will want one!'

This Gibraltar thing and I forget the other thing that popped up is just to condition people to the idea that 'the deal is done so don't think you can re-negotiate bits of it now or everyone will want one!'
You forgot the fishy part.

..We don’t need to leave Europe, we need to change Westminster.

We're not going to. We probably won't be leaving the EU either.

We needed to change the EU, but we couldn't. We can change Westminster.

The intellectually challenged Fraser Nelson is floating a new hard to flush item in the Telegraph- “managed no deal Brexit”. I assume once May’s deal is voted down, Leadsome, Fox and the others will have to walk if she doesn’t? Lots of us will be hoping for Max Fux inside the rotten Tory Party. A total implosion.

What the hell are you doing reading the DT? Presumably you keep a fresh copy tied to a piece of string in the cabinet.

I don't have much of an opinion...

...!

Diane Abbot says we will Brexit, thinks Leave would still win.

"The shadow home secretary said she was "as sure as anyone can be" that "the referendum vote will be honoured and we will come out of the EU next spring"." https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46315250?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
She also says:
"I always say to my MP colleagues that the people of Hackney send me to Parliament to get rid of the Tories and if it's all about getting rid of this Tory government you do what it takes."

Genie: "You can have one wish, do you want world peace or cure cancer or anything?"
Abott: "God no. No, no, no, no, getting rid of this Tory government is what I want."

Can you put a bet on May getting her deal through parliament? I keep looking at betting sites but can't understand them.

Ouch. All that apart, the lighting in that studio did may no favours. She looked positively diabolical, satanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back