advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+8)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I’ll live with it. Are you dissembling on Labour’s GE Brexit stance then? I’ll assume that’s because you think it won’t be a pro-Remain one?
I honestly have no idea what they're going to do, but as far as I'm concerned they've built up enough credit on this and other issues that whatever it is I'll just go with it. Main thing for me is economic and political reform and I have no emotional investment at all in leave/remain - it's all about which would be more of an obstacle to pulling the country out of its death spiral.

However the exact nature of Brexit is destined to be, it was always very, very, very stupid.
True, I probably should've added a couple of extra stupids. Letting something default without realising that that is a choice, isn't very smart.
I'm sure though that there are a few Brexiteers who are smart enough to realise this, so that's what they're doing; letting time pass, as its to their advantage.

That's the spirit.

- First of all, neither of the participants on this forum was either a Nazi nor fought against them. But thanks for mentioning the war. That is always helpful, Basil would be proud of you.
- Second, the UK tried to stay out of the war as long as possible, and the only reason the entered was because they got attacked too.
- Thirdly, the only reason the British made it, is because the USA, you know, the country which has their own constitutional crisis at the moment, supported the UK with ships. The UK on its own, would have fallen.
- Fourthly, the only reason the alliance, you know, USA, Canada, an awful lot of Polish soldiers as well, continued towards Berlin was to stop Russia, not Hitler.

I am grateful for what your ancestors, not you mind, did, but just like I'm not holding a grudge against the current generation of Germans, I'm not giving you extra slack either.
It is stupid, absolutely stupid, to keep referring to previous generations. Brexiteers think they still live in the British Empire, you're still fighting Germans?
What's next, should I be glad that you're not mentioning the chain in the Thames that got broken by the Dutch some 350 years ago? Start Hastings all over again? Fight the Normans back to Denmark?

Anyway, back to the situation at hand; the UK is a divided country at the moment. That needs to be sorted first. Really.
A relevant part of your country men voted leave, and even though the percentage may be lower today, you can't deny that they're still a massive group.

What happened so far is that the UK tried to negotiate a deal where there would never be majority of its own people liking that deal. That makes no sense. You start negotiations when you know what you want.
This has been a waste of time. The only thing that happened the last 2 years is that the internal polarisation deepened. The UK is in no position to negotiate anything with anyone. Sort yourself out first.
You can't negotiate if you don't know what you want. That's hardly rocket science.

Get yourself sorted, become a nation again, and then start negotiating with the EU, understanding and appreciating that the EU consists of 27 countries, all with different opinions.
And that brings me to the European Federal whatever irrational fear that you lot have.. that's not going to happen anytime soon, even though personally I don't consider it the worst scenario, not with the US drifting apart, China being the most powerful country, Putin acting like a Bond Villain...
That was a bit sharp! I preferred it when you were offering the remote location pfm group hug reconciliation service, counselling against the language of division. Did daddy just finally get impatient with us? I’m not sure if I can trust you again.

That's the spirit.

- First of all, neither of the participants on this forum was either a Nazi nor fought against them. But thanks for mentioning the war. That is always helpful, Basil would be proud of you.
- Second, the UK tried to stay out of the war as long as possible, and the only reason the entered was because they got attacked too.
- Thirdly, the only reason the British made it, is because the USA, you know, the country which has their own constitutional crisis at the moment, supported the UK with ships. The UK on its own, would have fallen.
- Fourthly, the only reason the alliance, you know, USA, Canada, an awful lot of Polish soldiers as well, continued towards Berlin was to stop Russia, not Hitler.

I am grateful for what your ancestors, not you mind, did, but just like I'm not holding a grudge against the current generation of Germans, I'm not giving you extra slack either.
It is stupid, absolutely stupid, to keep referring to previous generations. Brexiteers think they still live in the British Empire, you're still fighting Germans?
What's next, should I be glad that you're not mentioning the chain in the Thames that got broken by the Dutch some 350 years ago? Start Hastings all over again? Fight the Normans back to Denmark?

Anyway, back to the situation at hand; the UK is a divided country at the moment. That needs to be sorted first. Really.
A relevant part of your country men voted leave, and even though the percentage may be lower today, you can't deny that they're still a massive group.

What happened so far is that the UK tried to negotiate a deal where there would never be majority of its own people liking that deal. That makes no sense. You start negotiations when you know what you want.
This has been a waste of time. The only thing that happened the last 2 years is that the internal polarisation deepened. The UK is in no position to negotiate anything with anyone. Sort yourself out first.
You can't negotiate if you don't know what you want. That's hardly rocket science.

Get yourself sorted, become a nation again, and then start negotiating with the EU, understanding and appreciating that the EU consists of 27 countries, all with different opinions.
And that brings me to the European Federal whatever irrational fear that you lot have.. that's not going to happen anytime soon, even though personally I don't consider it the worst scenario, not with the US drifting apart, China being the most powerful country, Putin acting like a Bond Villain...

Apart from the historically inaccurate claim that the UK declared war on Germany after it was attacked The support with ships you mention is that the US sold the UK crappy old ships that were no longer any use to the yanks.
The US continued to profit from the war until the UK was nearly bankrupt.
They didn’t enter the European war until AFTER Hitler declared war on them on Dec 11 1941.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back