advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+22)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long before Steve suggests he would have won an election in 2020.
People in this country will never vote in numbers for someone who offers opportunity to even the most deprived areas of the country, or allow the lower classes have the opportunity to be where they are. God forbid. It's why we have had a Tory government for the last 9 years.

Tory Light Lib Dem supporters are worse than the Tory supporters in my book, at least the Tories admit where they stand while the centrist tory light brigade offer false empathy while cashing in on the poor.

This country needs a sea change in policy if it is going to steady the ship.
The Greens, Lib Dems & god knows who else will not even make a dent but many are either too stupid or too selfish to act.

And would the right course of action be, if I may boldly ask?

Long before Steve suggests he would have won an election in 2020.

Assuming you mean me (Stephen is my name though btw) I do still believe that.

Corbyn would still have the growing grass roots support (dwindling now) and also that of many centrists eager for change. As I’ve said, I would have campaigned for Labour.

Even Tony might have voted Labour.

We’ll never know now.

Brexit has blinded people to the 19 years of austerity we’ve had. Boy are they in for a surprise come November.

I wonder if we’ll get an ‘emergency budget’ then? It was deferred by the BoE’s shoring up if the economy (long forgotten now) after the vote, but some serious changes will be needed come hard Brexit.

Stephen

Tory Light Lib Dem supporters are worse than the Tory supporters in my book, at least the Tories admit where they stand while the centrist tory light brigade offer false empathy while cashing in on the poor.

This country needs a sea change in policy if it is going to steady the ship.
The Greens, Lib Dems & god knows who else will not even make a dent but many are either too stupid or too selfish to act.

The economic decline and mass job-losses that is inherent to Brexit will dictate the direction of travel. I find folk who idiotically voted for economic hardship bleating and whinging at this point rather amusing. You voted for this shit, so live with the consequences/foot the bill! The rest of us will continue to oppose both it and you at every possible opportunity. FWIW I suspect I’m far from alone in not being too keen on paying for your mess either.

There has never been peak Corbyn. That will only come if he confounds people like you and wins the next election.

For yourself and other Tory enablers you need to wake up and see the reality of your nonsensical position. You should do everything you can to contribute to a Corbyn victory. Not doing so will mean Boris Johnson as Prime Minister - a man who stands for everything you don't want and who will bring about a society that is the polar opposite of what you do want. Think on that.
We’re already going to get Boris Johnson as PM.

The current form of the LibDem party may not be to your liking, but the Liberal tradition has been a force for positive change for a century or more, here and in the US, so I’m somewhat inclined to think of recent events as a blip. And one that I think there are signs the next generation of leaders and members have learnt from.

Wait until the pension payments stop. A lot of the Brexit voting pensioners are great believers in magic money trees and haven't figured out that the working population are funding their pensions.

Where’s Drood these days? Not seen since the Tory leadership election began, just sayin’.

^^ because Labour on-the-fence are bleeding Remainers to the Lib-Dems. No doubt in my mind Labour would be leading that Poll if they came out strongly for Remain.

Man looks up on a yellow sky
And the rain turns to rust in his eye
Rumors of his health are lies
Old England is dying

His clothes are a dirty shade of blue
And his ancient shoes worn through
He steals from me and he lies to you
Old England is dying

Still he sings an empire song
Still he keeps his navy strong
And he sticks his flag where it ill belongs
Old England is dying