advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+21)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labour edging incrementally toward (thoughts of) a second referendum. It’s too late- the Geordie in the street they stuck a microphone in front of for R4 WAO, who said “I don’t know what they ( Labour) want so I voted for the Brexit Party this time” wont be alone. To him and millions like him, it now looks like the two main political parties in “Britain” are The Conservatives and the Brexit Party. It’s these two parties who’ll be deciding how hard and how fast you’re going to get your Brexit.

Dear God, Labour hoof Alistair Campbell out but still have who knows how many people accused of anti-semitism still in. Monstrous bullet/foot interface issue.

The most amusing thing is they’ve hoofed Campbell out for being *exactly* right about the key issue of the day. The position they are so busy reversing around to right now as they (as he predicted) got so battered in the EU elections! It is pure comedy gold!

The Labour and the Tory parties are in ruins. The problem is that one of the ruins is in government and they’re taking the rest of us with them on the bus with explosives on board.

Preparing openly and honestly for the possibility of the EU choosing ‘no deal’”. I thought I’d heard everything! Shifting the blame to the EU for legislation his party has enacted. This is Malt Sh*thouse throwing his hat in the ring for Prime Minister. His “compromise” that was never going to go anywhere, uniquely equips him for great office it seems.

Did Corbyn ever vote with the Tories?

You seem to have misunderstood the point about Labour Party rules. That is no surprise though.

Will you be compiling a list of Toies who have voted against their own government? Just in the last few months will do.

I'm merely pointing out that Corbyn voted with Tories.

And I was merely pointing out that your point is totally irrelevant in relation to the Campbell situation. I had risotto for tea last night. That's as relevant.

Campbell of all people knows the rules. He's a self-obsessed gobshite who chose to draw attention to himself on national TV by flaunting the fact he'd voted LibDem in contravention of Party rules.

So, what should Labour have done?

So, what should Labour have done?

Launched an enquiry that lasted a few years and satisfied no one?

Interesting that you defend Corbyn when he supported the Tories. I suspect you wouldn't be so lenient if it had been someone to the right of the party.

Scottish Labour- the knives are being wielded,

“One of the architects of Scottish Labour’s disastrous European election campaign, Neil Findlay, has announced he has quit the party’s front bench at Holyrood and is stepping down as an MSP at the next Scottish parliament election in 2021
Findlay is the first casualty of the bitter row which has erupted inside Scottish Labour after the party suffered its worst vote since 1910 in last week’s European election, losing both its MEPs after polling less than 10% of the vote “.

I can’t see how Leonard is going to stay now.

Launched an enquiry that lasted a few years and satisfied no one?

Interesting that you defend Corbyn when he supported the Tories. I suspect you wouldn't be so lenient if it had been someone to the right of the party.

Corbyn has never supported the Tories. That is just your jaundiced spin on it.

The question for Labour has moved on. It is no longer People’s Vote or not, it’s Remain or not?

It’s a bigger question.

People vote against their own material self-interest all the time: with austerity, they voted to make themselves poorer so that they could inflict pain on the worse off; people are voting for the Brexit Party to punish young people knowing that they themselves will suffer. Similar passions are being channelled towards more progressive ends. But in the end, the material basis of Corbynism is that it will make its core constituencies better off, immediately and in the long term.

You are conflating actions and consequences I think.

The did not vote to inflict pain upon anyone.... but that was the consequence of their vote.

Likewise they did not vote for the Brexit mob to punish young people..... it was merely another result of their vote.

As to 'Corbybism'.... it may well make it's core constituencies better off but those constituencies are shrinking year by year.

They are now drifting into representing just the Public Sector. For it is they who are the principle Labour voters now... not the blue collar workers who create the wealth of the country. Its the Public Sector who Labour court at election time with soft promises of pay rises veiled as "an end to austerity".

Dear God, Labour hoof Alistair Campbell out...
That does seem like an overreaction to me - I wasn’t aware that to be in a political party you had to toe the line on every single issue. That’s probably why I’ve always felt adherence to any one would be a peculiar concept to me.

Of course if they had thrown him out just because he’s a tw*t they would have had my full support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back