advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+21)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when do parties bother implementing manifestos? They're just shiny things they wave under people's noses to win votes.

Parties pledge things all the bloody time and then change their mind two months later when an idea doesn't look good in the polls.

I'm really not interested, I'll more than likely not vote next time and haven't always voted in the past.

You're not interested and you won't vote. Your choice. A f@cking stupid choice but a choice. So when you see a loved one lying on a trolley in a hospital corridor or your children's school closed you can reflect on your attitude. Keep shelling out that monthly rent because you can't get a mortgage. Enjoy the intertia.

So farewell then Avole, or is it a Vole?
a relative of mice
with a stouter body and a slightly rounder head
He never made me laugh but to some
he is known as a meadow mouse.
Can I just say that if Avole has left, I think that’s a shame. We need a little grit in the oyster and I felt him to be largely sincere in his views, not a troll. Sometimes not too well expressed, perhaps, but not malign. I hope he returns, without the dissenters, this place would be an echo chamber and much the worse for it.

Can I just say that if Avole has left, I think that’s a shame. We need a little grit in the oyster and I felt him to be largely sincere in his views, not a troll. Sometimes not too well expressed, perhaps, but not malign. I hope he returns, without the dissenters, this place would be an echo chamber and much the worse for it.

Well said. Absolutely agree.

The Princess and Metro are great cars

Sexy.

1984_Austin_Metro_1.0_HLE_%2825443552402%29.jpg

You are both wrong. The Metro was a big Mini. Same idea. Small car big on space. The Princess had suspension a Rolls would die for. I like a wedge too. Rover tech ended up in BMWs. We could have built the new Mini and 1series. But as I said, bad management.

Stephen

You are both wrong. The Metro was a big Mini. Same idea. Small car big on space. The Princess had suspension a Rolls would die for. I like a wedge too. Rover tech ended up in BMWs. We could have built the new Mini and 1series. But as I said, bad management.

Stephen

I unfortunately experienced the Princess personally and I refer you to my previous post as to it's virtues...

BL produced some great cars. Sadly they couldn’t produce consistently good cars. The tooling for the A series engines was ancient, far too many had porous heads/blocks, the O series was a sohc B series so the same probably applies.
Criminal under investment and useless management.

I unfortunately experienced the Princess personally and I refer you to my previous post as to it's virtues...

Now you may be utterly sold on
Your Peugeot, your Proton
Your Mitsubishi Shogun
But I’ll always dote on

My Austin Ambassador Y reg.

What where they on making this...it could be a spoof, but it's real...if you listen carefully you can hear it rusting as they're driving it across the beach..."Have you the time? Yes..."

I had a Wolseley 18/85 (landcrab in Party frock) G reg(the first time round!). The Princess/Ambassador were really just a re-body of that, with the O series engine.

BL produced some great cars. Sadly they couldn’t produce consistently good cars. The tooling for the A series engines was ancient, far too many had porous heads/blocks, the O series was a sohc B series so the same probably applies.
Criminal under investment and useless management.

Iron blocks? Push rod OHV? It was like the UK bike industry repeated 20 years later... Triumph, Norton , BSA etc had leaky, vibrating, slow and unreliable machines and just rested on their laurels whilst the Japanese brought out 4 cyl bikes with OHC, oil tight, very reliable etc.
BL were just the same "let's make a modern shiny new car for the future! Of course that old iron block push rod engine will do...."
The All agro was especially terrible.. my parents bought a new one and the engine fell out! Sump on the deck and pretty much held in by the drive shafts after all the engine mounts snapped!

It doesn't mean of course that a nationalised car maker couldn't be successful in the future.. now what we need is a peoples car:D

The Austin Princess was as close to a motorised turd as has ever been conceived.
I read that three times as ‘moisturised’.
A friend had a similar view regarding the Citroen BX. Funny, as he owned a Princess. Even funnier when he later bought a TR7. You guessed it, he wouldn’t hear a bad word said about BL cars.

Now you may be utterly sold on
Your Peugeot, your Proton
Your Mitsubishi Shogun
But I’ll always dote on

My Austin Ambassador Y reg.

What where they on making this...it could be a spoof, but it's real...if you listen carefully you can hear it rusting as they're driving it across the beach..."Have you the time? Yes..."

“Glare from behind you? Dip the mirror then! And away you go in style...”

That is wicked !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back