advertisement

Nytech Audio / Ion Systems Appreciation Thread

It uses an inexpensive multi-pole connector - sometimes "Blundell Files" will bring up the right part...

The connector in lohks link was used as a microphone connector on nearly every CB and Amateur radio tranceiver in the UK in the 80's and 90's.

Don't know what it was called but I'll have a look through some of the UK suppliers to see if theyre still available.

Thanks so much for your help identifying these guys!

Maplin sell them as Locking Line Socket 4-Way, part code FK24B.

I picked them up on the way home and put a lead together, only to find the left channel is no longer operating.:(

Oh well, I was going to get it serviced anyway - after fifteen years in storage I knew it would need re-capping at least.

(Anyone know of a reliable amp tech in the Essex area?)

since I was browsing the shelf at wh smiths I dont recall which one it was in but since it was in the vintage revisited section that would suggest hfnrr or hifi world.

Rgds
Stuart

since I was browsing the shelf at wh smiths I dont recall which one it was in but since it was in the vintage revisited section that would suggest hfnrr or hifi world.

Rgds
Stuart

Thanks Stuart,

difficult to get in Germany:mad:

Have to ask some collegues in UK to send me one.

Regards from Germany

Ingo

Both Mags (HiFi news and record review and hifi world) are regularly available in well sorted shops here in Austria, and should be so in Germany too. Please look at a city train station, where normally a great variety of foreign language magazines are at stock.

Both Mags (HiFi news and record review and hifi world) are regularly available in well sorted shops here in Austria, and should be so in Germany too. Please look at a city train station, where normally a great variety of foreign language magazines are at stock.

Well sorted shops .... ;) Don't think so that we have it in Bochum :) But I'll check.....

Its the March issue of HiFi news and Record review and its an article about the original Nytech Receiver, The CTA 252.
Er, not quite. According to the home page of their web site it's the May 2013 edition on sale from 30th March.

Keen to take a look at the article, which should be on the UK bookstands for a few weeks yet. Still using my much-loved CTA 252 every day. Maybe Nytecholdie even helped build it !

Er, not quite. According to the home page of their web site it's the May 2013 edition on sale from 30th March.

Keen to take a look at the article, which should be on the UK bookstands for a few weeks yet. Still using my much-loved CTA 252 every day. Maybe Nytecholdie even helped build it !

.... :cool:

I will pdf it when I have the article.

I'll pimp them up as they were new :cool::D

I only need some time:)

oQsr78t.jpg

There are two more CA252 and one CXA252 which need some maintenace .....

Apologies to all - 406v6 is quite correct about the date. I mistook the selling date for the cover date so I hope no-one bought the wrong magazine thanks to my duff gen :-(

as to whether I had a hand in making or testing your 252. Look for small paper labels with just a single number on them on any of the circuit boards etc - If any are number 6 then you can blame me for those :)

I have a CTP102 (the tuner preamp) with duff slider pots and I'm working on a replacement pot board for it. I'll post some details when I've got it up and running.

Again apologies to everyone for the duff info!

as to whether I had a hand in making or testing your 252. Look for small paper labels with just a single number on them on any of the circuit boards etc - If any are number 6 then you can blame me for those :)

Again apologies to everyone for the duff info!

Phil,

I will check;)

Thanks for your help ....

Ingo

advertisement

Back