advertisement

Nutters: racist banner on Ben Nevis

If you have to suffer having those chaps around - surely the top of a faraway mountain isn't the worst place to keep them :)

Horrified, I don’t know. That would be too much energy spent. Burn the thing where it is, forget about it. Finding out who it was would only make them famous.

Pretty shitty, really. Fertile conditions for it though, aren't there. As for just ignoring it or letting it go; that doesn't work for me.

Things like this start small and have to potential to escalate.

A modest proposal: In order for it to remain - can the rest of us (of every hue & background) just require this exact set of &^%ts to maintain that banner 24/7 for six months, say, with only the clothes /material that they climbed in/with this week..?

(it ,and they, wouldn't even see september

Utter scum.)

Annoying they blurred the faces. I’m sure there are employers etc who wouldn’t want shit like that working for them.

What worries me about this kind of thing is how it seems to pass from one generation to the next, ad infinitum, with society moving on not one jot.

Please help me out with this one ,

Can anyone explain why it is acceptable and accepted that it is OK to have BLM posters , Then when someone puts a banner up reminding people that WLM as well it is then automatically seen as racist , Equality ? or does that not matter

I really don't get it :(

Can anyone explain why it is acceptable and accepted that it is OK to have BLM posters , Then when someone puts a banner up reminding people that WLM as well it is then automatically seen as racist , Equality ? or does that not matter

When black policemen routinely kill white men for the crime of walking along the road you will get it.

If you were to come across someone in pain on the floor after someone in uniform who had routinely got away with assaulting others had kicked them in the knee, would you:

a) Say ‘oh that’s terrible, we should do something about this’ and try to help them, or
b) Stand nearby complaining loudly that your knees are just as important as theirs?

I speak as a middle-aged white male with a mixed-race family. I was born in Moss Side, Manchester, and have lived in multi-cultural areas for years.
Black Lives Matter is a statement about a minority group who, on a range of criteria including health, education, employment, and crime is not treated in the same way as the majority, white population. To say that a black life matters, is simply to say look, this is not right and each life is as important as another.

To erect a sign saying that white lives matter is simply a kick-back and an inflammatory one at that. White people enjoy and have enjoyed the position of power for centuries. Of course, each person's life matters, but white people, generally, do not suffer from inequality when compared to black people on a range of the measures already mentioned.

If this was about equality, those protesting would actually be advocates of the black lives matter campaign and would not be rebelling against it. Personally, I cannot understand those who do not understand what the campaign is about unless they have not listened because they have a fixed mind on what the issues are.

I speak as a middle-aged white male with a mixed-race family. I was born in Moss Side, Manchester and have lived in multi-cultural areas for years.
Black Lives Matter is a statement about a minority group who, on a range of criteria including health, education, employment, and crime is not treated in the same way as the majority, white population. To say that a black life matters is simply to say look, this is not right and each life is as important as another.

To erect a sign saying that white lives matter is simply a kick-back and an inflammatory one at that. White people enjoy and have enjoyed the position of power for centuries. Of course each person's life matters but white people, generally, do not suffer from inequality when compared to black people on a range of the measures already mentioned.

If this was about equality, those protesting would actually be advocates of the black lives matter campaign and would not be rebelling against it. Personally, I cannot understand those who do not understand what the campaign is about, unless they have not listened because they have a fixed mind on what the issues are.

Brilliant post

The thread will go sour, as usual, only creating more hatred. That's why I said earlier, burn the banner and forget it.

advertisement

Back