Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

NuraNow - Headphones as a Service

Discussion in 'audio' started by Devonian, May 1, 2019.

1. Devonian

Devonian Pursuing my ultimate musical orgasm

Seems like the audio industry is now following IT trends to offer everything as a service.
    Never heard of Nura ... don't know if they're any good, but I can see them being successful with this initiative - especially with the Millenials. Are they other big players likely to react similarly to keep pace with how audio is being consumed in the mass market sector?

https://www.nuraphone.com/products/nuranow

2. Devonian

3. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

It'll be interesting to see how that works. The £9 per month for a £350 set of headphones initially sounds quite good but there is an £80 initial payment as well.

Not of interest to me anyway as I still prefer cable headphones without any electronic gubbins, but then I'm old! My 23 year old son uses a mix of bluetooth headphones when out and about and wired ones (my old HD565 Ovations which are properly ancient but still sound good) but I can't see him coughing up the cash for a deal like that.

4. Devonian

Bit if it's "cool" ... they'll find the dosh! Darned clever though ... being able to switch off the service as an when you cancel/postpone. Can see Spotify snapping them up and branding it under a bundled subscription.

What's next? Amplification as a Service? It's possible ....

5. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

I've got so many amps at the moment I could probably run a service like that myself!

Devonian likes this.
  6. johnhunt

johnhunt pfm Member

Headphones as a service . Ffs

7. Strictly Stereo

Strictly Stereo Trade: Strictly Stereo

I've been considering the idea of providing a "hifi as a service" rental-type option for a while now. Do you think that such an option would be attractive? It's not exactly a wholly new idea. I still remember renting a TV when I was a student.

8. Devonian

I know! It's like they'll next be offering "Music as a Service"! WTf! :rolleyes:

9. johnhunt

johnhunt pfm Member

There is big difference between an all the music in the world monthly and fecking headphones as a service