advertisement

NuraNow - Headphones as a Service

Devonian

Pursuing my ultimate musical orgasm
Seems like the audio industry is now following IT trends to offer everything as a service.
Never heard of Nura ... don't know if they're any good, but I can see them being successful with this initiative - especially with the Millenials. Are they other big players likely to react similarly to keep pace with how audio is being consumed in the mass market sector?

https://www.nuraphone.com/products/nuranow

It'll be interesting to see how that works. The £9 per month for a £350 set of headphones initially sounds quite good but there is an £80 initial payment as well.

Not of interest to me anyway as I still prefer cable headphones without any electronic gubbins, but then I'm old! My 23 year old son uses a mix of bluetooth headphones when out and about and wired ones (my old HD565 Ovations which are properly ancient but still sound good) but I can't see him coughing up the cash for a deal like that.

It'll be interesting to see how that works. The £9 per month for a £350 set of headphones initially sounds quite good but there is an £80 initial payment as well.

Not of interest to me anyway as I still prefer cable headphones without any electronic gubbins, but then I'm old! My 23 year old son uses a mix of bluetooth headphones when out and about and wired ones (my old HD565 Ovations which are properly ancient but still sound good) but I can't see him coughing up the cash for a deal like that.

Bit if it's "cool" ... they'll find the dosh! Darned clever though ... being able to switch off the service as an when you cancel/postpone. Can see Spotify snapping them up and branding it under a bundled subscription.

What's next? Amplification as a Service? It's possible ....

I've been considering the idea of providing a "hifi as a service" rental-type option for a while now. Do you think that such an option would be attractive? It's not exactly a wholly new idea. I still remember renting a TV when I was a student.

There is big difference between an all the music in the world monthly and fecking headphones as a service

advertisement

Back