advertisement

northern ireland temperature

just checked my temp sensors in the house after they decided to do a software update, and it is 28 indoors and 30 in the shade outside on the side of the that sees the sun in the morning

Scorcher :)

hkAOvdn.jpg
Steady on Andy! What did he do, ask for an advance on his pocket money?

The UK provisionally recorded its hottest day of the year on Saturday, with Northern Ireland reaching the highest temperature ever recorded.Ballywatticock, in County Down, Northern Ireland, has reached 31.2°C. Previously, 30.8°C was the highest temperature recorded in the country, and was reached on July 12 1983 phew !

Yep, it was a real scorcher, 28 degrees in the shade before 8 am yesterday morning, the outdoor thermometer was reading 32, weather has been excellent so far this summer here.
Though I think there has been hotter days though perhaps not officially recorded and it certainly can feel hotter in direct sunlight.
In the early 90's my boss bought a continuous kerbing machine from Australia, not long after the arrival of the machine a chap came over from OZ to teach us how to use and operate the machine, he couldn't believe the heat but thought it felt hotter due to the dark green hedges, green fields and the black roads.

Only when it is actually cooling. So only when the set temp is consistently below ambient.
Or when the unit is set to to "dry" mode that prioritizes removal of humidity over cooling.

Was 28.5 in the living room of my second floor flat last night after the sun had gone down, currently 26.5 at 10am with windows and balcony doors open and no sun in the room.

I think I'm going outside to cool down...

28.9 indoors today, that is with the blinds down. Not bad going that for blighty.

In contrast, my bit of Swizzieland is going to have a week without rain for the first time in weeks! Over the last few weeks, the bike paths I use to ride to the office have had running rivers of water - it seems that the ground simply can't absorb any more. Today was the first time without the rivers. I think 26°C is expected today. Quite humid, with all this water.

I remember those days in Melbourne, when I had to use my hankie to take the door handle to open it.

Me too. I also remember getting into my first car on those days. A 1973 Datsun 240k with black vinyl seats...they got a bit hot and no AC...

Finland has just had several weeks of temperatures above 30C. Not a normal situation (anything above 25C is officially classed a heat wave).

Been hovering around 31/32 for days in the Moscow region and predicted for 37 today in Tbilisi

OMG, 30 degrees C in my living room just now! Just about to bail into my bedroom and chill there because:

advertisement

Back