advertisement

northern ireland temperature

skelton

pfm Member
The UK provisionally recorded its hottest day of the year on Saturday, with Northern Ireland reaching the highest temperature ever recorded.Ballywatticock, in County Down, Northern Ireland, has reached 31.2°C. Previously, 30.8°C was the highest temperature recorded in the country, and was reached on July 12 1983 phew !

We Northern Irish tend to melt into sticky puddles at around 25"C.
1675805580-hot_cartoon.gif

It's something to do with that thing in the sky - whatever it is...

Peaked at 27 degrees in rural Herefordshire [elevation 140 metres] this afternoon, and by teatime it was back to 25, and 25 inside, so I opened the windows as keeping them closed as the temperature outside rises helps slow the warming inside.

If I wanted to live in such heat I would have moved to Spain or something, but the Spanish heat is coming to me in Britain. Horrible.

If I won the Lottery I would move to Norway where it is colder on average ...

Best wishes from George

Though it is diverting to think of emigrating to somewhere cooler, the real situation is that global warming is going to reduce the production of grains; wheat in the Ukraine, Canada, and the USA, rice in Asia. As crops fail or produce significantly less, the Billions of humans who depend on these grain harvests will starve. Malthus was right, though before his time. We shall see this in less then ten or even five years ...

Best wishes from George

Last edited:
Finland has just had several weeks of temperatures above 30C. Not a normal situation (anything above 25C is officially classed a heat wave).

Hot in North West England too. My windows are shut as I have the aircon running at nice comfortable 21C.
❄️

Wow.
Ours is set at 25, 21 would feel like being in the fridge.
Granted, I am in SW Ontario on the great lakes, a dozen miles north of Lake Erie.
The last couple of weeks have been from 28-34 degrees and with humidity feels like 36-40+.
It has cooled a bit, yesterday and today it was 23 and rainy, but tomorrow its back up to 28 feels like 35.

I set my air conditioning at 26C. With the drying I can still use a duvet.
The 35C outside in the daytime is bad and at night about 28C but humid, which makes it very uncomfortable

The UK provisionally recorded its hottest day of the year on Saturday, with Northern Ireland reaching the highest temperature ever recorded.Ballywatticock, in County Down, Northern Ireland, has reached 31.2°C. Previously, 30.8°C was the highest temperature recorded in the country, and was reached on July 12 1983 phew !
…and it had to happen in Balywatticock. I felt compelled to check it was real because it’s sounds like something from the imagination of the script writer of Father Ted. Ballywatticock has certainly penetrated the public imagination now. :)

Wow.
Ours is set at 25, 21 would feel like being in the fridge.
Granted, I am in SW Ontario on the great lakes, a dozen miles north of Lake Erie.
The last couple of weeks have been from 28-34 degrees and with humidity feels like 36-40+.
It has cooled a bit, yesterday and today it was 23 and rainy, but tomorrow its back up to 28 feels like 35.
In the UK we have high humidity too when the temperature rises. 25 would be way too warm to sit in while watching TV, playing music etc.

Was 28.5 in the living room of my second floor flat last night after the sun had gone down, currently 26.5 at 10am with windows and balcony doors open and no sun in the room.

I think I'm going outside to cool down...

advertisement

Back