advertisement

No Time to Die, Yet?

Huge Bond fan. I just don’t want to sit in a cinema for 3 hours with loads of other people. Probably daft but there you go. Will wait until I can watch it at home.

Huge Bond fan. I just don’t want to sit in a cinema for 3 hours with loads of other people. Probably daft but there you go.

No that's pretty much how I feel. I'm wondering about going to an early screening in the week (i.e. the OAP slot!) on the basis that it seems to be mostly under 30s that have covid at the mo.

I can't think of many films worth risking catching the virus for, and this isn't one of them. So I'll pass.

I continued to go to the cinema on a regular basis and have no issues especially when so few were going last year. Very seldom was there more tan 12 people watching and on more than one occasion only five. It’s a wonder they are still open.

This was true before the pandemic though.
We used to regularly go the noon shows at our local cineworld during cold, wet winters and there were seldom double figures in there watching the movie.

Never seen a Bond movie yet that wasn’t slapstick nonsense.
That's is kinda what they are... entertainment, not documentaries.

And this one has some awesome set pieces that you will love, stopping for drinks mid gunfight, while the baddie gets away!!!

Do people seriously expect Chekhov when they go and see a Bond movie? It’s escapist nonsense with beautiful people, great locations and unfeasible physical stunts and a silly story about spy’s. Love a Bond film in its place and DC is one of the best, like some I will wait for a home viewing as Cinema’s still seem scary places to us.

As these things go - it was fairly magnificent. Loved it. My eyes were welling up at the end. Cinema was nearly full.

Some holes left in the plot though... why is the little girl mentioning her mosquito bite and asking if mosquitoes have friends? Surely had to have some significance?

Another big hole in the plot at the end but I don't want to put down any spoilers.

As these things go - it was fairly magnificent. Loved it. My eyes were welling up at the end. Cinema was nearly full.

Some holes left in the plot though... why is the little girl mentioning her mosquito bite and asking if mosquitoes have friends? Surely had to have some significance?

Another big hole in the plot at the end but I don't want to put down any spoilers.

See my post #62 :)

advertisement

Back