advertisement

"NHS at breaking point, and broken"

ks.234

Half way to Infinity
Dame Julie Moore of Worcester Hosp Trust says that the UK "has fewer Doctors, fewer Nurses, scans, beds, everything than any other OECD country"

"Our Hospital has completely run out of room, including corridors"

Our NHS is a casualty of a failed political ideology, an ideology that has failed on every level.

Is there really no alternative?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63808516

Last edited:
It's ideologically driven, it's a simple process. Break the previously working system to the point where people start to die, and at that point the wealthy and middle class will start paying for private treatment. The poor and elderly will die off, and after a while the population will become resigned to the fact that you either have insurance, pay for it otherwise, or put up with a second class service. It's already happened with dentistry.

The UK need to stop giving money away like confetti , Another 50 million given away a week ago , We don't have the money that's being given away the UK gouverment are borrowing it :mad:

The UK need to stop giving money away like confetti , Another 50 million given away a week ago , We don't have the money that's being given away the UK gouverment are borrowing it :mad:
Does that mean that your response to the question, "is there really no alternative?" a resounding "no" then?

Does that mean that your response to the question, "is there really no alternative?" a resounding "no" then?

Yes indeed it is my opinion , Time to think of the UK in these dire times.I assume you would like to continue giving away millions we don't have and let your children / Grandchildred pick up the ever increasing bill.

A friend went in to A and E in July, and had a long wait. It took 12 hours before he was seen. I spoke to the medics about why and they said one reason was staff shortages due to covid, NHS staff at the time had to stop work if they got a positive test.

Yes indeed it is my opinion , Time to think of the UK in these dire times.I assume you would like to continue giving away millions we don't have and let your children / Grandchildred pick up the ever increasing bill.
You'd better hope that you don't get ill or have an accident then. "Oh sorry, car pulled out on you did it? Oh well, you won't mind if we leave you in the road, will you, because as you say we can't afford to pay for an ambulance. Perhaps you could call a friend? All the best then, bye."

To be clear, you see the loss of the NHS as a loss that we are just going to have to get used to?

You'd better hope that you don't get ill or have an accident then. "Oh sorry, car pulled out on you did it? Oh well, you won't mind if we leave you in the road, will you, because as you say we can't afford to pay for an ambulance. Perhaps you could call a friend? All the best then, bye."

Err ? Can't see what that has to do with the UK constantly giving money away outside the UK , The money should be used in the UK for the essential services.

Err ? Can't see what that has to do with the UK constantly giving money away outside the UK , The money should be used in the UK for the essential services.

Don't vote for Labour then. They'll give it all to foreigners and benefit scroungers.

The sooner we get the man in the street to see the Tory lies, the sooner it can be fixed.

350million a week from Brexit for the NHS?
40 new hospitals?

I come across people who still believe it. It will take more than an anodyne article on the BBC website.

Would the money from overseas spending be enough to save the NHS?

Was a nice idea in 1948 but just doesn’t work in this day and age.
Too many people, longer life expectancy and new, ever more expensive treatments etc.
Literally a bottomless hole.

To fund it, and the required elderly social care that needs to go with it, to the standards / turnaround time people would like would mean massive tax rises. And even if they did that and say doubled the budget I doubt it would make that much difference day to day.

The person who coined the phrase 'Charity begins at home' has a lot to answer for, but not as much as the people who misapply it.

Too many people, longer life expectancy and new, ever more expensive treatments etc.

To fund it, and the required elderly social care that needs to go with it, to the standards / turnaround time people would like would mean massive tax rises. And even if they did that and say doubled the budget I doubt it would make that much difference day to day.
What this boils down to is 'We can't afford to not let people die.'

Is that what people believe?

Too many people means too many taxpayers
Wasting a fortune on VIP lane contracts, inept lockdown delays and half baked lockdowns
A fortune spent on vanity projects like the aircraft carriers.
Money spent on NHS staff mostly stays in the economy and shouldn't go near Tory tax exiles

advertisement

Back