advertisement

NFL 2022/3

Spraggons Den

pfm Member
With the ridiculous cancellation of this weekend's footie and the first full day's action from the US on Sunday, now seems like good time to introduce a thread for all things NFL.

J.E.T.S. Jets, Jets, Jets

#FinsUp looking forward to making the playoffs with our new coach ( and then get stuffed by the Bills).

And the usual Gamepass software disaster at the start of every season. Bills Rams game ground to a halt at the same point after 31 minutes.

Well as we’re at the half way mark in the regular season, I have placed my bet on who will be champs this year and plumped for the 49ers. Just finished watching the Bills v Vikings game - incredible entertainment and the catch from Diggs and Jefferson were fantastic.

The Vikings are the worst 8-1 team I’ve ever seen, but they keep finding ways to come from behind and win. So far this season, they’ve really earned their “cardiac kids” label. They’ll definitely have to play better and be more consistent to have any chance of beating teams like the Eagles or Chiefs.

The Vikings are the worst 8-1 team I’ve ever seen, but they keep finding ways to come from behind and win. So far this season, they’ve really earned their “cardiac kids” label. They’ll definitely have to play better and be more consistent to have any chance of beating teams like the Eagles or Chiefs.

They were the best team to have such a poor record last year so this year it's a little in reverse. Agree they will need to be present for all four quarters against better teams. Buffulo was one of those better teams and they sure needed a little luck there but damn, Jefferson is the best I've seen since Randy Moss and that is saying somthing! The one hander with defender all over him was just incredible. I think with some confidence and a tad more discipline they could continue to do well. Also that new guy from the Lions, Hockenson, is a beast! What a pick up. As a very long suffering fan I won't get my hopes too high though.

They were the best team to have such a poor record last year so this year it's a little in reverse. Agree they will need to be present for all four quarters against better teams. Buffulo was one of those better teams and they sure needed a little luck there but damn, Jefferson is the best I've seen since Randy Moss and that is saying somthing! The one hander with defender all over him was just incredible. I think with some confidence and a tad more discipline they could continue to do well. Also that new guy from the Lions, Hockenson, is a beast! What a pick up. As a very long suffering fan I won't get my hopes too high though.

I’ve rooted for the Vikes since we moved to Minneapolis in 1985. Before that I was a Washington R******s fan. Enjoyed their 2-1 Super Bowl record a lot more than our 0-4, but would love to see that losing streak end!

Agreed that Jefferson is great and hopefully has many good years ahead of him. Hockenson looks a good addition. No clue why the Lions let him go. Not feeling confident about tomorrow’s Cowboys game. If the Vikes can give Cousins enough time, we have a shot. If they don’t, it’s game over IMO. Fingers crossed!

I’ve rooted for the Vikes since we moved to Minneapolis in 1985. Before that I was a Washington R******s fan. Enjoyed their 2-1 Super Bowl record a lot more than our 0-4, but would love to see that losing streak end!

Agreed that Jefferson is great and hopefully has many good years ahead of him. Hockenson looks a good addition. No clue why the Lions let him go. Not feeling confident about tomorrow’s Cowboys game. If the Vikes can give Cousins enough time, we have a shot. If they don’t, it’s game over IMO. Fingers crossed!

Yeah our SB record is hard to take. TBH I was more gutted by the '98 team than those because that team was so on fire. The GA chip shot will forever be etched on my brain :(.

Tomorrow I think if we get the running game going early we'll be good. Dallas does not have a great run defence. If Delvin is having a good game that leaves our receivers more open for opps. If we get through the next 3 games 2-1 than I think that shows we're more than decent.

I can’t help thinking the Vikings are playing knock out football in November which usually means they are burnt out come January. The Bills may have peaked too soon too. Enjoyable season so far, even as a Jets fan, enhanced by the new CBS commentator.

As a long time Vikings fan I must admit that you can't keep playing like this and stay the course till end of Jan - bit exciting all the same tho? :)

I am enjoying the Jets playing well for the first time anyone can remember. Sauce is a beast. Although Zach limits them one fears.

Bills are an enigma as the roster is stacked and Allen is elite and this should be their year. But somehow they seem to be messing it up and Allen is doing his mostly brilliant with occasional head scratchers thing. Still reckon it will come down to Bills vs Chief in Late January though and my money is on Mahomes.

NFC looks shite which is why the Vikings are doing so well despite Kurt Cousins. I think the Eagles are the pick despite being manhandled monday night by the C*m**d**s. Dallas should have a good chance although I think Prescott has been somewhat exposed for the charlatan he is.

Now the Eagles are the worst 9-1 team in NFL history (I’m an Eagles fan.)

Good bounce back win for the Vikes. An excellent way to finish up Thanksgiving!

Currently beating Wisconsin as I write this which is presumably a bigger deal than in Minnesota than goings on in Ohio.

advertisement

Back