advertisement

New Tubby Hayes LP this July

Not sure I'll be splashing out for the 11 disc box though!
If they do a CD box I might be tempted...

Many years ago I was working with a black TV producer and we bonded over our similar musical tastes. Naturally this led to a long session in the BBC bar. He admitted that when he was young he had been rather sniffy about the idea of white men being able to play jazz - until he was blown away when he heard Tubby Hayes for the first time and realized he was being daft.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. Often unreleased albums remain that way for a good reason, but hopefully this will buck the trend. Some great stuff in the forthcoming Fontana box, Mexican Green being a personal favourite.

I might be tempted by the the box set depending on the price as it's being remastered and cut by Gearbox so it should be AAA and the quality should be high, but I expect it will be expensive.

Last edited:
fw0cUJQh.jpg

Well it been announced and pre orders are being taken - see here

Limited edition although I don’t know how many will be available. I should imagine they will be sold out soon even with a £200 price tag.

And at £60 for 12 CDs that will do nicely, thank you.

Due to be released on my birthday and, having just started listening to the excellent Grits, Beans and Greens ;let studio sessions, then I suspect that much of this will be right up my street.

Both vinyl and CD box releases now put back until December. Mmm, might have saved up enough pocket money for both by then...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
€56,99 on German Amazon with pre-order price guarantee
Including postage to the UK that is £51.03 today. Now, will the rate go up or down on Friday?

I’ve also put my order in for the mystery vinyl at Amazon - if they try to sell the box at £200 I’ve taken a screenshot so I can ask them to honour their pre-order price guarantee! Not holding my breath, though...

I see I first mentioned the CD set at the beginning of September - and it has just arrived from Amazon.de, hooray!

Now comes the wait for the £20 vinyl set from UK Amazon, ha ha.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I see I first mentioned the CD set at the beginning of September - and it has just arrived from Amazon.de, hooray!

Now comes the wait for the £20 vinyl set from UK Amazon, ha ha.

The Decca Records store now confirms that the vinyl box set was released on the 6th December and is in stock. I checked again today as I said I was putting off ordering one till after the Christmas period. I would have thought Amazon would have been able to get it just as easily as the CD box set? That you can now get tomorrow from Amazon UK with Prime. The TBC now says 1 - 2 months for delivery 20th Jan - 13th Feb. Do you have an expected delivery date? I'll go with the Decca shop, but I'll be pretty sick if you and Martin get a set for £20. :confused:;)

advertisement

Back