advertisement

New Rega Speakers - Aya

Now, I have to hear these...

AYA_lifestyle_gallery1.jpg_%281%29_.jpg

Presumably a large fraction of the cost of traditional speakers is in the cabs. Seems like a very smart move but whether it's accepted...

I was going to make a joke that you will go ayayaya if you stub your toe against these but at 14kg they may well tip over. Weren’t there some spherical speakers made out of concrete back in the day? Possibly diy?

Very interesting choice and use of cabinet material and should be theoretically very inert, so quite curious as to how these will sound. Reasonably priced too and a refreshing alternative to traditional wood veneer cabinets. I think they look rather elegant even more so with the grilles on. A nice easy amp load at 89.5dB too. Colour me excited to hear these as it would be interesting to compare them to my Mk1 Elas.

I do respect Rega's determination to try materials in an attempt to keep prices relatively accessible level rather than elevate the pricing as so many brands are doing now. Pics & text rom Rega's website.

"Rega fans out there will know that we have always questioned the marketing and science surrounding turntables. Experiments and research have allowed us to debunk most commonly held beliefs and use real engineering to produce world beating sound quality at sensible prices."

AYA_intro.2_%281%29_.jpg

I think they look rather elegant even more so with the grilles on

I've happy read they offered grilles (which Kyte didn't)

Not managed to find a picture with grilles attached, you seem to have seen such as you say they looked more elegant, where did you find this picture please ?

When do they get released into the wild. I feel a punt coming on. About time i tried bigger speaker and im all for people trying things made different.

Hope they do well for Rega, must admit I really liked the wood finish on their speakers especially walnut. One of the best out there!

advertisement

Back