advertisement

New Rega Speakers - Aya

Yeah clean enough, nice and "detailed", but such a lack of punch/volume.
Definitely no kick to the bass.
I've never listened to a pair of RS10, but I would be very interested in how much more bass they would have than say the RS7.
Personally, I would say the old Ela Mk3 sounded better than these Aya's, so not so much progress IMO!
No kick to the bass ? - that's not what the hifiPig review (as on page 8 of this thread) says :-
" The 7″ bass driver produces some lovely punch and depth in the bass region! With heavier metal you can feel the kick drums hit whilst they’re also happy to articulate more intricate bass lines in jazz. "

It would be nice if an Aya reviewer discussed Rega’s implementation of bandpass enclosure design, but I suspect the days of equipment reports with that level of technical detail are long gone. Tarun at A British Audiophile drills down into design issues, but precious few others even try.

Yeah clean enough, nice and "detailed", but such a lack of punch/volume.
Definitely no kick to the bass.
I've never listened to a pair of RS10, but I would be very interested in how much more bass they would have than say the RS7.
Personally, I would say the old Ela Mk3 sounded better than these Aya's, so not so much progress IMO!
How would you define the bass capabilities of the RS7 and how would they compare to the Aya's? Just curious since I have RS7.

I’m pretty sure HiFi reviews can be written by AI by now
This-is-a-picture-of-a-Robot-listening-on-a-bean-can-phone-for-an-article-about-How-do-I-find-out-who-my-competitors-are-by-Octopus-Intelligence.jpeg

Personally, I would say the old Ela Mk3 sounded better than these Aya's,
Yet to hear Aya but owned RS7 back then, I'd love to hear a RX7 edition, unfortunately never materialized.

I've seen and briefly heard both R9 and R10, they are very large cabinets indeed.
The BMR unit in those 10 are simply superb, maybe they release the prototype new successor to RS10 shown somewhere.
Naim gave up BMR when Focal killed Naim, a pity its one hell of a good speaker unit.

advertisement

Back