advertisement

New Rega Speakers - Aya

On Instagram, an interesting reply from Rega:
"The equal of the current RX3 or RX5?"
=> "These were designed to replace both models, However, performance is above that of the RX5."

This isn't saying much...I think the RX speakers aren't great. RS's - great. The RX's just didn't gel for me.

But at least there's none or the negativity surrounding the launch of a new Naim or Linn product.

I don't have a problem with people speeching out their own opinion, whether you call it positive or negative surrounding.
Oneway sheep fanboy self praise are boring in my opinion, but I don't want those voices restricted.

I don't read it as negative if people question whether a anniversary edition is too expensive or debating other details in Nait 50 and LP12 50th threads.

Its fully valid for me to focus on prices, here we have new Rega speakers at £1500 the pair vs a Sondek anniversary at much much higher price.

I haven't seen any 'unboxing' or new stock pics or videos online as yet, you can be pretty sure as soon as they're in stock various shops will be posting pics and videos on Instagram

These look very exciting. I’ve been looking for new speakers for our basement room and these would fit right in sitting on our concrete slab.

I’d love to see colors other than grey. You can get some beautiful colors from staining concrete. My wife did a phenomenal job staining our basement floor getting a rich mahogany color. Maybe it’s harder to accomplish with the glass fibers in the mix?

I’d love to see colors other than grey.

Me too

Will judge when I get the chance to experience them in the flesh.

Maybe Rega are testing other colors in manufacture ?
Somebody with skills in digital and photo, may come up with color guide suggestion ?

Is that a perceived good design for speakers then? Only I can think of quite a long list that aren't inert that sound great, again we seem to be kneeling at the altar of deadening/inertness/rigidity for the sake of it. Surely if that is the goal then it is simply done with basic materials?
Depends if the design allows for the cabinet effects or not...

These look very exciting. I’ve been looking for new speakers for our basement room and these would fit right in sitting on our concrete slab.

I’d love to see colors other than grey. You can get some beautiful colors from staining concrete. My wife did a phenomenal job staining our basement floor getting a rich mahogany color. Maybe it’s harder to accomplish with the glass fibers in the mix?
There could be a full color palette from which to choose, Roy could call it “Inventory Hell.” ;)

As long as black & white aren’t offered! So ubiquitous & boring. I quite like the grey myself - it can work with any decor.

I saw a clip on YT from Cheshire Audio which said that the delay was due to finalising the shipping containers.

I’ve always gone with speakers with dark veneers such as walnut or rosewood. But I like the look of these Aya’s.

That wouldn't stop them being shipped within the UK. They are waiting for packing as they are for the Naia. Should be middle of October but numbers are strictly limited with both.

Heard some yesterday at my dealer hooked up to a Rega Brio (my request) and a P3.

I thought they sounded amazing and could quite happily live with them. Two things surprised me: they were smaller than I expected and secondly the finish looked almost metallic like brushed aluminium with a great tactile feel!

I could not imagine them being domestically acceptable to my wife but what a great product from Rega.

advertisement

Back