advertisement

new Rega Ania Pro MC cartridge

for me too, but seem to be quite difficult to buy unless you can travel to a shop with one in stock.

I have a shop half an hour away who will have both the Dynavector and the Ania but it's still difficult to hear a meaningful dem. What sounds best in a strange room on a different system might not be what works for you at home. And £750 is a lot to spend on something that doesn't work.

Mr P, will be interested to read your opinions should you give it a try.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I buy virtually all my kit used and that way, if I don't like it, I can just sell it again without losing money. Hard to do that with cartridges though :0(

I popped into my local Rega dealer, I was passing anyway, but they haven't got an Ania Pro yet and no one could offer an opinion on it. They kinda shrugged and said 'we all use Dynavectors' on LP12s. Not much help.

I enjoyed his comments on the P10, last month, where he criticised the P10 arm finger lift as difficult but earlier in the mag he held up the Rega arm finger lift as ideal. Thing is, they are the same.

For the same price of a new Ania/Ania Pro you can buy a second hand Apheta 2 in good shape, which I think is much better.

For the same price of a new Ania/Ania Pro you can buy a second hand Apheta 2 in good shape, which I think is much better.

It's not so much about absolute sound quality as system matching. The Exact slots in perfectly, its warm sound balancing the low coloration RP10. From what I've red the Pro also has a warm, full sound so might also be good. What I want to know is if there are any ways that it's less good than the Exact.

The Apheta etc have a colder sound, from what I've read. Not what I'm looking for.

To be honest, the Exact sufficiently so good I could stick with it. Yes, it lacks a bit of the air you get with a coil but not much and it's on the money in everything else.

It's not so much about absolute sound quality as system matching. The Exact slots in perfectly, its warm sound balancing the low coloration RP10. From what I've red the Pro also has a warm, full sound so might also be good. What I want to know is if there are any ways that it's less good than the Exact.

The Apheta etc have a colder sound, from what I've read. Not what I'm looking for.

To be honest, the Exact sufficiently so good I could stick with it. Yes, it lacks a bit of the air you get with a coil but not much and it's on the money in everything else.

Great post, although I'd say the move up to an Apheta from an Exact wasn't subtle for me. I'd expect the Pro to do the same and is an itch I'd like to scratch :)

I’ve kept the Ania and upgraded my phono-stage which was probably the most noticeable of hifi upgrades for me.

In fact, since ive got back into vinyl - and on a very active upgrade path - each upgrade has been very very noticeable; more so than upgrading CD players to my ears.

advertisement

Back