advertisement

New Naim streamer preamp

My cable search will be the same regardless I suspect, any advice on reasonably priced XLR would be appreciated

I think ill likely go with something off shelf from mogami or similar. I needed up getting some custom 5 pin din to xlr made up for my 272 which I'll now sell, they were excellent VFM compared to the chord shawline I demoed with.

Well I've butten the bullet and have a 222 on order. Need to get some balanced xlr cables now but can't decide whether to go with the mogami gold or some AES / EBU ones. Either way I don't want to spend more than £100 quid...

I think the 222 comes with Naim XLR to XLR - have a look at the manual online.

Thanks ill take a look

Actually the manual says nothing about xlrs but if you look at Signals (U.K. Hifi dealer) they have an unboxing showing the manual, mains lead and XLR cables which all look to be part of the pack.

Every source I’ve bought from Naim before - CD5 and ND5XS - came with a signal connector - in those days DIN to DIN.

Hope I’m right! Might save you some cash…

Actually the manual says nothing about xlrs but if you look at Signals (U.K. Hifi dealer) they have an unboxing showing the manual, mains lead and XLR cables which all look to be part of the pack.

Every source I’ve bought from Naim before - CD5 and ND5XS - came with a signal connector - in those days DIN to DIN.

Hope I’m right! Might save you some cash…

From memory, when I had my NAP the Din lead for connecting to preamp came with that. I'm only buying the NSC222 so I expect the xlr would come with the NAP250. I'd love to be wrong though!

7000€ for entry level full size unit and you still need to add few more thousands for power amp.

Again, that much for entry level full size unit.

Years ago I had Naim full size system and today my earning is three times more than in those years, but I am not remotely able to buy entry level full size Naim system. I wouldn't say that I am doing something wrong and I am very happy where I am.

Good luck and good by Naim.:)

You need to remember, there’s retail price inflation (RPI) and consumer price inflation (CPI) and then there’s the big daddy of them all: Naimflation!

Will be interesting indeed...
You are correct I’m afraid. The NAP 250 manual confirms.

you are back to plan A I’m afraid!

I have a 272 also - have you heard the 222 ? Any thoughts as a comparison - obviously you like the new kit or you wouldn’t be buying!

You are correct I’m afraid. The NAP 250 manual confirms.

you are back to plan A I’m afraid!

I have a 272 also - have you heard the 222 ? Any thoughts as a comparison - obviously you like the new kit or you wouldn’t be buying!
No not had chance to demo yet but will before I bring it home. Whilst I'm sure it will sound better it isn't the only reason for upgrading for me

I guess we should expect a separate preamp to be anywhere around £7k.

My guess too, was I wrong in thinking a 282/HCDR were expensive:cool:

I am about to read through the long thread on white forum.
Steve S. comment so far (my read) is below (along with a job opportunity):

As hinted by others there’s other goodies soon
wink.png

…otherwise we have some large complex projects 80% of the team are working on. There’s some nice little projects too.

As always there’s ultra exciting feasibility projects; this next one is 99% going to make production in about two years.

…if there’s any audio, digital, analogue engineers out there that would like to join the R&D team (Salisbury based) and help please get in touch!

advertisement

Back