advertisement

New Naim streamer preamp

Has the date of any announcement been made officially? I’ve seen mention of 4 January, but maybe that’s just speculation.

Not officially "official", but pretty much yes. The date has been mentioned in the French Naim forum by the member genesis who is a dealer or involved with Naim/Focal as far as I can tell:
https://www.synthese-hifi.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20993

Also Signals, according to their latest newsletter, will have an event on 11-12 January and it will be bookable from the 5th onwards. They don't mention Naim per se, but you would have to be blind not to make the link :cool:
BBVPMeZ.png

https://signals.uk.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Signals-2022-roundup.pdf

So I would say it's pretty official... One week to go!:D

This is embargoed until the 4th of January what’s the point of this except some trying to be smart
If those who are embargoed actually followed the embargo, none of this would happen of course. There will always be dealers who tell ‘trusted’ customers and off it goes. It’s almost inevitable.

If those who are embargoed actually followed the embargo, none of this would happen of course. There will always be dealers who tell ‘trusted’ customers and off it goes. It’s almost inevitable.

100% with you on this. If I was a valued high-end customer that spent big $$$/£££/€€€ I'd be miffed if my dealer didn't give me a little insight especially if I planned on buying something soon.

Well here’s the deal
So us dealers can move on our demo stock to unsuspecting buyers
Before the flood of naim devotees decide to bail out and flood the market full of discontinued items
Well being discontinued doesn’t mean it’s crap or a load unwanted shite
The main reasons is to protect our customers and give them an opportunity to either move to white or stay with green
Simple

Well here’s the deal
So us dealers can move on our demo stock to unsuspecting buyers
Before the flood of naim devotees decide to bail out and flood the market full of discontinued items
Well being discontinued doesn’t mean it’s crap or a load unwanted shite
The main reasons is to protect our customers and give them an opportunity to either move to white or stay with green
Simple

It’s a nice world…

i'm really interested in the new streamer. I think this whole thing is why I managed to pick up a used 282/250DR in November for a cracking price. Used 250DR's dropped about £600 over the last year or so that I'd been watching them. I'm rubbing my hands together at the prospect of the NDX2 not costing the earth. They've been pretty hard to get hold of for ages what with the lead times on new ones, so used prices have maintained pretty high. New things are exciting, but so are big price drops on perfectly good gear.

What are the chances we'll be seeing anything new like when Naim introduced DR, or is it more likely it's just going to be refreshed casework? I think the Naim forum might explode if they all feel like their Classics are yesterdays news.

i'm really interested in the new streamer. I think this whole thing is why I managed to pick up a used 282/250DR in November for a cracking price. Used 250DR's dropped about £600 over the last year or so that I'd been watching them. I'm rubbing my hands together at the prospect of the NDX2 not costing the earth. They've been pretty hard to get hold of for ages what with the lead times on new ones, so used prices have maintained pretty high. New things are exciting, but so are big price drops on perfectly good gear.

What are the chances we'll be seeing anything new like when Naim introduced DR, or is it more likely it's just going to be refreshed casework? I think the Naim forum might explode if they all feel like their Classics are yesterdays news.

let the exploding commence next week then!haha

let the exploding commence next week then!haha

Guess I've been around long enough to know what you mean. Next week the other board will go bonkers. Some looking forward to the change(s) some not so much. Regardless my current equipment won't be broken at all. I do think whatever they roll out will come in phases.

As someone whose newest piece of Naim equipment is a 62, and the rest dates from 1977. I'm following this thread with interest but my credit card won't be coming out of my wallet any time soon.

My recently purchased Cambridge Audio 851n may make me a heretic, sounds very good to me.

Last edited:
Guess I've been around long enough to know what you mean. Next week the other board will go bonkers. Some looking forward to the change(s) some not so much. Regardless my current equipment won't be broken at all. I do think whatever they roll out will come in phases.

Im looking forward to it, its been a long time coming. i think the new stuff has to be really nice sounding but it wont make the older stuff any worse.

I wonder how much will be really new and how much they will re-house in the new look. You’d have to imagine the NAP250 will be kept in some form

The interesting thing about streamers I think is that no hi-fi companies are making streamers capable of supporting the new Atmos formats on Tidal, those who wish to enjoy Atmos through multi-speaker arrays are forced to use streamers built into AV receivers or PC's.

Seems to me that given the prevalence of Atmos in modern recordings nowadays as well as legacy back-catalogue stuff there is little point even designing a two channel streamer anymore, especially an expensive one. I've heard what Atmos is capable of in a studio environment and it's jaw dropping - I want that in the home right now! I run an NDX currently but my next streamer simply has to have Atmos capability and HDMI connection.

Birdseed007

they are new designs from what i have heard, we shall see soon enough.
I would hope so - there were only relatively minor changes when they went to the current "classic" look over 20 years ago over the previous olive range. Having 4 different grades of pre-amp and power amp (excluding the Statement) seems very anachronistic these days especially when I suspect that sales volumes fall off massively above Supernait level. I would hope a rationalisation to 3 levels of each and maybe a return to mono-blocks as the top dogs a-la the NAP135's and Exposures current offerings.

If nothing else I'd hope for more output power/current delivery to be able to drive pretty much any speaker adequately and that would then leave the door open to offer a genuine "super" integrated with 150W plus per channel. I've got the impression that in recent iterations of the Supernait that they've had to hold back the output power so as not to trample on the toes of the separates stuff - a bit like Porsche with the Cayman and the 911...

advertisement

Back