advertisement

New Hypex offerings

eevo1969

pfm Member
I haven’t seen a thread about the new Hypex NCx OEM boards and Nilai 500 DIY offerings so I thought, why not?

I have NC500MB atm and I’m hoping the NCx boards are transferable for use with my existing amps, that would be a nice future-proof upgrade for me going forward. It will be interesting to compare the boards to one another. It’s supposedly a decent upgrade on the last generation of amplification but I think it’s more of a consolidation than a revolution tech-wise.

There’s also a DIY preamp scheduled for release in the near future that will allow additional functionality such as EQ, Phono Stage and DAC Modules to be added. I know Class D isn’t for everyone but it’s an interesting development none the less for those who have adopted the class.
A preamp with this feature set will be an interesting option.

Are they now actually available to order?

Last time I looked they were announced but not yet available and the Ncores were also not available.

I believe the Nilai 500 DIY will be available from around the end of March, the NCx are now available OEM I believe. I really liked the 2 pairs of nc400 I had so even though I’m happy with what I have now I still find the Nilai 500 an interesting amplifier.

The Nilai 500 looks very interesting, includes its own buffer board requiring a simple connection to PSU. I am contemplating a class D amp build in a classic 1970's chassis and I am as yet undecided, Nilai vs Purifi ?

advertisement

Back