advertisement

New (!) HackerNAP PCB group buy

Thats all from the first group buy, so yes, started well before you :)

Boy your in for a treat once its built :D

Sam

In waiting for Kendeils and R-cores....

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/SW5BfDspfUlPl9ZSYKdrCg?feat=directlink

HackerNAP%2525201%252520-%252520Ivo.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qPnrN0ftn62y3IiHyDSqWg?feat=directlink

HackerNAP%2525202%252520-%252520Ivo.jpg

that was bloody quick!! Fancy doing mine? :)

I'm liking all the evox films, they look special. I've not looked at the BOM yet, are they all on there?

Stefan

Hi,

Does anyone have 2 HackerNAP and 4 HackerCAP boards they would be willing to send my way (South Africa)

It would be much appreciated. If not - how often are these GBs run?

Chris

Total of GBP 175 donated to Tony L on behalf of this groupbuy.

Thanks for this forum, Tony!

And thanks to all of you for your patience and honesty!
I know it's been a bit messy and a long time since you first hoped to get some of these boards. Now every single board ordered has made it to its intended owner.
Official end of groupbuy.

Donation received with many thanks, very much appreciated, and thank you also for the kind words about the forum - this room really makes it all worthwhile even if I haven't really the slightest clue what you do in here! That HackerNap amp thingy above looks damn cool though! Simply beautiful work by any standards, and I'm hugely proud to provide a platform that helps enable such things to be created.

Tony, Where are you based? Perhaps we can arrange for you to hear the best of the DIY room sometime? B4/HackerNap is something special...

Sam

Tony, Where are you based? Perhaps we can arrange for you to hear the best of the DIY room sometime? B4/HackerNap is something special...

I'm up in Lancashire. Perhaps one year we should take out a room at the WigWam show and put a system together, maybe using a pair of James' Ergo speakers. Has anyone made a source component yet?

Tony, if you fancy a little soldering a B4 board can be on its way to you gratis...Neil

I suspect it's a fair way beyond my skills level, certainly to end up with a working preamp, but thank you very much for the offer.

If you want someone to assemble one for you just ask, sure between us lot in here we could muster the parts, a case etc....
(I actually have a spare 1u chassis atm)

Sam

Quick question for anyone who understands the circuit (as opposed to me) - Ive just got some 47uf 50v caps intended for c2, is the 50v going to be ok in this position ??

will be with 40v FE, 35v Out, 1.8m resistors at r30/34

Thanks

Yes, it'll have less than a volt across it under normal operating conditions. Its voltage is determined only by the bias current and voltage of the differential pair TR1 and TR2 and the input resistors R1 and R4 which set this. If it is a polarised cap the + terminal should connect to 0volts and the negative to R6. A lot of people get this wrong.

John

Right thanks John, they are not polarised so shouldn't be a problem (wet tantalums, hopefully good enough).

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Wet tantalums are most definitely polarised! Make sure to double-check for either a + at the positive end, or perhaps a black band around the negative end.

doh!

Ok they do have a + at the beginning of the text and with a dark bead of resin at that end.

Wet tantalums are most definitely polarised! Make sure to double-check for either a + at the positive end, or perhaps a black band around the negative end.

advertisement

Back