advertisement

New Exposure turntable

I think it's a wind up of some sort by Daytona, he likes to crap on Rega threads. Nothing showing at Exposure or AVforums. Just a shot of something by Rega possibly for Exposure from who knows when. No other pics or info. If it is P6 based where is the TTPSU?

I'm sure Exposure would want to present it a little bit more professionally.
1/ Did not start this thread
2/ Crap on rega - RP10 Owner with a open mind , but not a Rega fanatic
3/Not a wind up UK show this weekend

I can’t remember seeing anything that resembled a Neo TT on the Exposure rack, there was quite a few Exposure boxes on the rack so I assume they have packaged the Neo in one of their boxes or they have created their own TT.
That's definitely a Neo PSU Mk2 sized box sitting in front of the carton in the photo. Note the two cap head nuts either side of the rear panel.

rega-neo-psu-mk2-image1-big-ies100149463.jpg

I haven’t seen any other mention of this. I assume it’s based on a Rega P6. Apart from the red mat I wonder if there are any other modifications. It’s £145 more expensive than a P6.
To answer my own question if I was going to spend £145 on modifying a P6 I would add the triple layer glass platter and the twin belt pulley. The Neo and RB300 are some of the best value turntable components. I think the triple layer glass platter is the best looking in the range and would no doubt increase performance. You get the same plinth material as the P8 and 10 but with a proper lid and no exposed foam.

We're still waiting for the Exposure 3510 CD player, shown in prototype at Bristol.

To clarify; it exists!

I saw it at the show, I talked to Tony Brady about it and he said it’s based on an Planar 3

To answer my own question if I was going to spend £145 on modifying a P6 I would add the triple layer glass platter and the twin belt pulley. The Neo and RB300 are some of the best value turntable components. I think the triple layer glass platter is the best looking in the range and would no doubt increase performance. You get the same plinth material as the P8 and 10 but with a proper lid and no exposed foam.
Only problem here is that P8 platter is a £360 part. Although the 50Hz twin belt motor pulley is a snip at 15 quid, one would need 2 x Rega Advanced EBLT drive belts at £17 each. Therefore, pimping a P6 isn't necessarily a cost effective endeavour.

Only problem here is that P8 platter is a £360 part. Although the 50Hz twin belt motor pulley is a snip at 15 quid, one would need 2 x Rega Advanced EBLT drive belts at £17 each. Therefore, pimping a P6 isn't necessarily a cost effective endeavour.
No problem if you were specifying it in advance as Exposure would be which is what I had in mind. They would only pay the difference between a P6 and P8 platter which is £95. The extra Reference belt is £28 and the additional pulley cost will be minimal, say £5 so all less than the extra total cost of £145. Of course if it’s based on the P3 it is hard to see how it would stack up against the 50th anniversary version at £899 with a £260 Neo and £295 Exact.

No problem if you were specifying it in advance as Exposure would be which is what I had in mind. They would only pay the difference between a P6 and P8 platter which is £95. The extra Reference belt is £28 and the additional pulley cost will be minimal, say £5 so all less than the extra total cost of £145. Of course if it’s based on the P3 it is hard to see how it would stack up against the 50th anniversary version at £899 with a £260 Neo and £295 Exact.
Looking at what appears to be the alloy record spindle in the photo, I suspect that Exposure have opted for P6 hub/platter (i.e. can't have one without the other) in addition to the P6 counterweight.

All Exposure' latest pre-amps have either a built in MM phono stage (XM5 and XM7 very good MM stage) or an option to add a MM or MC board so a TT is an interesting option for Exposure to sell as a plus point.

Disappointed though that it is based on a lowly P3 especially as Exposure have the exceptional VXN phono stage in their range and I would have expected at least P6 entry level TT.

As above in this thread we still await news on the 3510 CD player!!

All Exposure' latest pre-amps have either a built in MM phono stage (XM5 and XM7 very good MM stage) or an option to add a MM or MC board so a TT is an interesting option for Exposure to sell as a plus point.

Disappointed though that it is based on a lowly P3 especially as Exposure have the exceptional VXN phono stage in their range and I would have expected at least P6 entry level TT.

As above in this thread we still await news on the 3510 CD player!!
It’s based on a P6 not a P3, it’s has the tan cast plinth.

It’s based on a P6 not a P3, it’s has the tan cast plinth.
I hope so wrt P6 as this is what I read #26 from #Beobloke

"To clarify; it exists!

I saw it at the show, I talked to Tony Brady about it and he said it’s based on an Planar 3"

I can’t remember seeing anything that resembled a Neo TT on the Exposure rack, there was quite a few Exposure boxes on the rack so I assume they have packaged the Neo in one of their boxes or they have created their own TT.
Did you take any photos in the Exposure room?
I couldn't make it to the show in the end so would love to see any photos of the equipment in the room.

What a cracking sytem with the illusive 3510 CD player aswell.

The little rega TT psu is under the pre-amp on the left rack.

On the right rack under the TT is the VXN phono and its VXN psu underneath,

The pre-amp and amps are probably 3510 and 3510 mono's?

advertisement

Back