advertisement

NCC200 V1.4/Cap6 GB

By this do you mean use a Cap6 to power the NCC200 output section AND another for the VBE/Front end?

Personally I will use MiniCap6s for the front end, as per the original Voyager.

Cheers,
Barry.

The minicap6 would be better for both IMO and if you are going to stack them you would want the same board

Alan

''As an aside - would Les consider offering the minicap6 board for the GB?''

TBH I'm trying not to let the number of things available for this GB mushroom to much as it adds complexity this end.

Could be that another VBE GB will be needed later so the minicap6 may be incorporated into that.

Les may also be willing to supply anyone who needs Minicaps directly so maybe worth asking.:)

If you really want to use the FP cases then you could go for a 3 box option - that's what I have. 1 of the boxes contains the 2x350VA traffos.

Hi Shoom

Would you please put me down for option #1
2 x NCC200 board and small driver heat sinks. Connector blades, custom wound inductors for the OP Zobel. 100uf Mil wet tant for FB duties.

Many thanks
Meirkat

Geof/Mark

Are those NCC200 boards bare (option2) or (option 1) with the mini kit?

Just to be sure can those who want just boards write ‘’NCC200 boards only’’ just to keep things simple.

Thanks guys.:cool:

Sorry for not specifying - I guess option 1 (with mini kit), subject to price.

Pardon me for asking
Those tempted with the idea of using BUV20 trannies will be excluded from the Parts GB? I take it it is only Cricklewood Electronics the only dealer for these. Or is it not?

Pardon me for asking
Those tempted with the idea of using BUV20 trannies will be excluded from the Parts GB? I take it it is only Cricklewood Electronics the only dealer for these. Or is it not?

The OP transistors are not included in the mini kit for exactly that reason.

I use the BUV20 myself and like what they do but as you say they are a little harder to find these days and more expensive. The new NCC200 boards can accept the BUV20 without the need to re drill the board holes which helps experimentation a little.

I recommended Cricklewood because other sources seem to be awash with fakes and the big C seem to be a reliable place to buy (I used them plenty when I lived in London). Little diode may be another good place but getting a good quad may be more of an issue with them.

I’ve had a quick chat re the BUV20 here.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=152890&highlight=grand+master&page=16

They sound more musical and full bodied to my ears but others may have a different take which is fine.:cool:

Hi All

The GB first round has been running for a week now so it maybe time to put a finish date on it.

I was thinking of closing this round on Thurs 12 Feb which still allows time for any interested parties to come forward.

Then we’ll need a price from Les.

I’ll start a fresh thread for the GB proper to avoid this one becoming tooooo long and transfer over any relevant info.

Hope that’s OK with you guys.:cool:

Hope I am not too late.

1 set of 2x NCC200 V1.4 boards only.
1 set of 2x Large U shaped heat sinks with fixing kits for the OP transistors.

Hi Shoom
Could you alter mine to add the mini kits to the 2 NCC boards thought I had some spare feedback caps but they have disappeared.
Cheers Geoff

Hi Shoom

I hope I'm not too late to join the party. I'm looking to build 3 sets of stereo amps, so I need 6 NCC boards and 12 Cap6 boards. In you original post, options 1/2/3 mentioned 2x everything (ie stereo pair?). So I assume I need to put my name down for

3 x option 1 (2 x NCC boards and bits)
3 x option 3 (2 x heat sinks)
12 x option 4 (cap6)

If I've got that wrong and you wanted orders for individual boards the obviously double up. Sorry if I've complicated something simple!

Thanks

Dave

advertisement

Back