advertisement

Name One Socio-Economic Improvement in UK Since 2010

This is going to be an empty thread.

Very possibly...
Maybe I can encourage a little more focus by asking for evidence of improvements in..
-Democratic functioning of Govt.
-Economic growth.
Manufacturing, production, export trade, GDP.
-Education at all levels.
-Occupational Training.
-Infrastructure.
-Public Transport.
-Wealth Distribution.
-Health services.
-Social Care
-Functioning of the Legal System.
-Policing.
-Citizen's Rights.
-Environment, with specific reference to pollution control.
-Housing. Supply, quality, regulation..
-Labour market, functioning, fitness for purpose etc.
Immigration. Management, of.
Public Services not already mentioned....

Or maybe easier to just ask for examples of areas of UK socio economic and political functioning which have not been utterly ****ed by 12 years of Tory corruption, lies, incompetence, theft and, most worryingly, deliberately facilitated decline.

Or maybe easier to just ask for examples of areas of UK socio economic and political functioning which have not been utterly ****ed by 12 years of Tory corruption, lies, incompetence, theft and, most worryingly, deliberately engineered decline as a matter of political choice driven by demonstrably flawed economic assumptions that have failed to achieve any their own stated objectives in 50 years.

FIFY

Yebbut, it doesn't matter ( to Tories) whether the 'stated objectives' materialise, so long as they can continue to convince enough voters to tolerate the accompanying policies for long enough to allow 'jam tomorrow for all' to translate into 'Caviare now for the few.'

Have you nothing to contribute?
Do you agree with me? Or disagree?

I was rather hoping that Ponty and maybe a couple of others would be able to refute my wide ranging assertion by simply pointing out one improvement..

Viewed from abroad the UK has been in slow motion collapse since 2010. When I left in 1997 the country was in a sorry state after 17 years of Tory rule, but apparently UK voters have a short memory. The destruction wrought in the last 10 years makes me shudder to consider how much further the Tories will destroy the UK in my remaining lifetime - even if we get a brief reprieve of a Labour government in 2024.

A 60% increase in the national minimum wage for people aged 23 and over. (£5.93 ph -> £9.50 ph).

Introduction of the national living wage (2016).

A 60% increase in the national minimum wage for people aged 23 and over. (£5.93 ph -> £9.50 ph).

Introduction of the national living wage (2016).

Combined with a 94% increase in personal tax allowance from £6,475 to £12,570, that’s put a lot of extra cash in the pockets of lower earners.

Low earners are probably struggling more now seeing as council tax (for band A) is over £100 a month....gas and electric being sooo affordable. The socioeconomic improvements are maybe in the sunlit uplands.

Let us not forget the monetisation of university education, now costing £9k a year.

Monetisation of housing has left us with renters feeling the brunt of it.

44% of post tax earnings go to the parasitic landlords.... (I’m sure not all landlords are parasites...)

https://infogram.com/1pk6kp6q0727wku9eqe1zg0pmlf3d0yex2j

advertisement

Back