Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Naim service prices and repair cost

Discussion in 'audio' started by PerF, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Spraggons Den

Spraggons Den pfm Member

I brought a Naim XS CD player and an XS amp back from the middle east in the back of my trousers - one piece of equipment per buttock. I will let your imagination work out where I put the remote.

2. comiston

comiston pfm Member

I had a NDS screen replaced by naim at the end of last year via HiFi Corner in Edinburgh . It "only" cost about £150 and was returned in 2 weeks . When I asked about routine service / recap I got the line that they used extended life caps in flagship products and it wasn't needed but they also encouraged me to keep using it without screen replacement if the screen was just about readable - it wasn't . I got the impression that naim were either running out of replacment screens or the service department was a bit overwhelmed with work .

3. Dirkster

Dirkster pfm Member

I've carried bookshelf speakers in hand luggage (twice, obviously). They were CA Aero 2 speakers so a fair size.

I've also carried a PS5 and accessories, a pull along trolley full of records, a Technics 1210 platter (was swabbed for drugs), a Nait 5i and a CD player with me, flying Qatar-UK or UK-Qatar.

You may get a few funny looks but it's fine, although if you fly cheap-charlie airlines, they may get a bit picky with size/mass.