advertisement

Naim Nait 50

Looks good, i could easy live without headphone output and the bright bulp.
The positive reviews of the headphone amp was the tipping point for me going for the Nait 50. Obviously important when you live in a small flat. The reviews weren't wrong, it's the best headphone amp I've ever owned.

I agree with you entirely re the white LED.

The positive reviews of the headphone amp was the tipping point for me going for the Nait 50.
The Nait 50’s Phono and Headphone Amp designs were borrowed from the New 200 Classic amps.
The Nait 50 is a high end analog hub.

IMG-7122.jpg

Self portrait :D😅🤣
No, you and your chums post the same nonsense every month or so, I simply use facts to refute them, you know, like Naim's published accounts... you of course then ignore that evidence as it doesn't suit your agenda and instead (as above) post some childish emojis and then return to your crusade of wishing failure upon Naim, and presumably everyone who works there to be out of a job! Nice!!!

Naim is very expensive these days and that's a real change from the past.
Naim wasn't exactly cheap or budget-friendly back in the 1980s when I first encountered the brand. When the NAC52/52PS first came out, I almost fell off my perch when I learned the price.

My goodness your talking nonsens, how can anyone become that brainwashed.
You say they're failing. I point you in the direction of the accounts that say the opposite and then you say I'm brainwashed. So are the increasing profits and turnover year on year made up then? Yes, of course they are, the accounts are fabricated :D :D :D

When the NAC52/52PS first came out, I almost fell off my perch when I learned the price.
This was around the time when Naim started to learn that they could charge very high prices and still sell the units. I think the watershed was the Linn CD12 which Naim answered with the NAP500. Since then both companies have charged increasingly ridiculous prices. I'm sure they'll continue to do so until the market stops them. If it does.

Last edited:
Naim wasn't exactly cheap or budget-friendly back in the 1980s when I first encountered the brand. When the NAC52/52PS first came out, I almost fell off my perch when I learned the price.

It was at least, a little more friendly. My first Naim amp was a new Nait 3. At the time (1995 or thereabouts) it was £599 IIRC. It wasn't "budget", but it wasn't nuts either.

I am quite fascinated by people's praise, for the headphone section of the Nait 50.

Is the headphone section the same part that powers the speakers?

Or is it chip based?

S.

I’d like to hear one, just for the nostalgia. I’m not sure what went on with the white LED but I’m sure that could be fixed.

I am quite fascinated by people's praise, for the headphone section of the Nait 50.

Is the headphone section the same part that powers the speakers?

Or is it chip based?

S.

It’s a discreet transistor headphone section taken from the new Classic series preamps.

advertisement

Back