advertisement

Naim Nait 50

No, just be sure that there’re aspects that Nait is doing not just ok or well but bloody awesome. For the ones able to extract that performance for sure)
Hang on. If the Nait 50 is good enough to compare to the 500-series, at all, then the 500-series has to be very poor value. How can it be any other way? I did suspect that was the case, most would be buyers seem to have too.

Naim seem to have a track record of building very overpriced but underperforming products and relying on their reputation to sell them. But most people are not falling for it. Most potential buyers have decided not to buy the 500, the Solstice or the Nait 50. Thankfully for Naim, the products in question are so expensive that they probably don't need to sell too many to stay out of the red but eventually almost everyone is going twig how this game works. There will always be a gullible few but if Naim keep this crap up I think they'll end up in trouble.

Naim seem to have a track record of building very overpriced but underperforming products

And what are they I wonder?

Naim (like Audio Note, Tidal, whatever) is very much an ecosystem company. It relies on the synergies within its products and also with the listener who may or may not like the presentation.

I bought into Naim just before Focal bought them and prices began to climb so I can't complain.
I also like the Nait 50 for its small form factor and retro look, perfect for an apartment dwelling minimalist like me. However, despite pulling on many heartstrings, I don't think it offers good intrinsic value.
I was checking the price of the Exposure 2510 the other day and was surprised to see that its price was much higher than I would have expected considering its rather limited feature set and bare bones case work. Almost $800 CDN more than an Elex MK4 (but still $2000 less than a Nait XS3)
So it appears that Rega continues to offer good value for money (as does NAD).
I've been tempted by Rega for a long time but I'm not sure its reliability is on par with Naim which has been rock solid (for me at least).

I've been tempted by Rega for a long time but I'm not sure its reliability is on par with Naim which has been rock solid (for me at least).
It's hard to say. Certainly there seem to be a few people who have had issues with Rega amplifiers but I don't know that it's a big enough number to be significant. I'm not saying it isn't, I genuinely don't know.

It does seem though that Rega is more committed to long term support. Let's face it, most things are going to last five to ten years no matter what they are but Rega seem to remain committed to fixing their kit for as long as it's possible. Naim used to be but they are now selling products which they are saying they can't or won't fix when they are not that old, and I think it would be reasonable to expect them to. Naim offer a five-year warranty on the Nait 50. Rega offer a lifetime warranty on everything they make. I know which I would be more confident buying.

Enjoying some iRadio with the Nait 50
IMG-7037.jpg

It's the monthly pfm usual suspects/business geniuses telling us all how Naim are failing again. If you're all so ****ing clever why are you posting on here instead of making millions from your hi-fi companies as you clearly know better than the likes of Naim? Apart from anything anyone with a life would get bored typing the same baseless conjecture every four weeks, but not you lot which says a lot. :rolleyes:

My dealer have a few left, reduced by 20% suggest to me they are strugling to fly 1973 pcs WW only, off the shelves.
IMG-7120.jpg

I purchased the EISA 2023/24 Stand Mount Speaker of the Year with a manufacturers 25% discount.

The SP discount has nothing to do with the quality or sound of the product.

The world is in a luxury item downturn.

Heck, even Rolexes are becoming available again from dealers.

My dealer have a few left, reduced by 20% suggest to me they are strugling to fly 1973 pcs WW only, off the shelves.
I can only report what I found when I Googled Naim Nait 50 for sale. There is one "open box" one available from Audio Affair for £400 under list, a couple of amp/speaker packages which, I guess is a subtle form of discounting, all the rest are being advertised at list.

I guess if you ask you would probably be able to secure a discount but that goes for any luxury products at the moment.

TS

Don’t get me wrong if someone wants to listen to junior Focals with junior Naim that’s not forbidden. But why :)
I actually suspect the Focal 906 would be a really good pairing with the Nait 50. I owned a pair a few years ago & they sounded excellent being driven by a 10wpc Leak Stereo 20. I didn't find them bright or forward in any way which obviously contradicts hifi forum consensus.

TS

advertisement

Back