advertisement

Naim Nait 50

That blue led is just a no-no, though.
It’s white not blue - blue is just wrong.

You need to listen. I’ve not heard an XS3 but others have said it betters the XS3. And then there is the shoebox form factor that a lot of people want. Gone are the days of a HiFi rack for a lot of people. They just want something unobtrusive that fits in their living space.

Please go and listen then make up your mind.

A guy on the green/white forum decided to stick with his Nait 50 and will sell his 500 setup :oops:
This is a crazy world.
Nothing unusual really, this has often been the way of things for decades. Enter with a Nait, upgrade incrementally, with every step being ”jaw dropping“ / “night and day”, get to the top years later, out of curiosity and/or nostalgia try a Nait, find it to be 95% (or more) as enjoyable as the big system. Scales fall from eyes, big system up for sale.

Nothing unusual really, this has often been the way of things for decades. Enter with a Nait, upgrade incrementally, with every step being ”jaw dropping“ / “night and day”, get to the top years later, out of curiosity and/or nostalgia try a Nait, find it to be 95% (or more) as enjoyable as the big system. Scales fall from eyes, big system up for sale.
Been there done that. Maybe our ears deteriorate in the years inbetween...?

Had the same with that Ltd edition Technics deck, I doubt anyone really thought they would be an investment. Just a decent amp with a limited market.

Nait 50 is a brilliant thing for those who love niche British sound i.e. Croft, DNM etc. but within Naim ecosystem.

Last edited:
Nait owned one and great value new for ÂŁ179
ÂŁ2699 inc Naim tax 2024

price tag might raise your eyebrows (it did ours, both of them) as the original Nait 1 cost between £179 and £199 in 1984, according to our What Hi-Fi? archives. In today’s money, that would be equivalent to roughly £600 – a price point occupied by today’s Arcam A5 and Cambridge Audio CXA61 amplifiers.

I bought an ex-dem unit on a 30-day returns basis. Great deal and a beautiful thing, with an impressive sound. But, I found it just too short on power and scale, so it went back.

advertisement

Back