advertisement

mysqueezebox.com will close in February

I've only got one SBT installed in a system at the moment and most likely it'll get replaced with a WiiM of some kind, although likely I'll wait until the bring out a streamer with the same HDMI ARC capability as the WiiM Amp has.

CBA with Pi running LMS. Never managed to get LMS to work on the Pi + DAC HAT in my main system.

Looks like a Wiim mini is the most cost effective solution.
To be fair, (assuming I’ve read this right) getting squeezelite to work outside of a dedicated distro ( picoreplayer etc) isn’t trivial as you need to edit the squeezelite config files manually. I took notes when I did it so may have them buried somewhere. I never really got on with tinycore. But the WiiM makes a great alternative.

Ah, that’s a relief. The “auto” update system doesn’t seem to update automatically lol. So I have been putting it off.
Maybe there's a setting you need to change in the server prefs file, or it might be that the version you have is the last stable main version and that 8.5 is still not 100 % and didn't trigger your update settings

To be fair, (assuming I’ve read this right) getting squeezelite to work outside of a dedicated distro ( picoreplayer etc) isn’t trivial as you need to edit the squeezelite config files manually. I took notes when I did it so may have them buried somewhere. I never really got on with tinycore. But the WiiM makes a great alternative.

Been using squeezelite via compiling its source for a long time (on intel platforms with a custom Linux install thus no 3rd party image).. the "config" you mention, if you run it naked at the OS level, is via the command line.

For example, to use upsampling you need to set the various params (see last stansa)

./squeezelite -s 192.168.1.100 -d all=info -a 120:4:16:: -C 3 -b 20000:500000 -o hw:CARD=Jolida,DEV=1 -n desktop -r 48000-48000 -u vX::4:28:95:105:45

Thus if squeezelite is wrapped inside of some other program then you control its behaviour via that software's GUI but ultimately all the other software does is save/apply the params that are set when squeezelite is started.

The "issue" (unless you use prebuilt binaries or some wrapper application) is to compile it with the options you need but its very trivial to do this (assuming you have some command line OS skills,the right packages installed and a compiler)

So I can see the attraction of these 3rd party apps for most people (and whatever constrains they present) but I prefer to build my stuff from scratch including my Linux kernels and userland.

Peter

Listening to mine now, on 8.5.1, installed this morning. 8.4 also worked just fine for me.
I have tried Spotty and Qobuz plugins, and both are spot on.

I have a LIV Zen which runs Vortexbox which is acting as my LMS Server . This uses 8.4.1 and I am not aware of how I can update the LMS version as it is tied to the Vortexbox image which is now abandoned by the owner .

I have a LIV Zen which runs Vortexbox which is acting as my LMS Server . This uses 8.4.1 and I am not aware of how I can update the LMS version as it is tied to the Vortexbox image which is now abandoned by the owner .

Might be worth asking on the slimdevices forum.

Is Daphile still supported? Looked like a good alternative.

advertisement

Back