advertisement

mysqueezebox.com will close in February

There is for Spotify but not for Tidal and Deezer it seems.

I can add URLs for SomaFm so that is fine but bummer about Tidal. Hopefully someone will come up with a plugin or something.

I can add URLs for SomaFm so that is fine but bummer about Tidal. Hopefully someone will come up with a plugin or something.
I have one on mine. Is it redundant now?

As an immediate work-around for Tidal, it may be possible to install the Tidal app on an iOS device, install Airplay (the "ShairTunes2" plugin) on LMS, and configure the Tidal app to play via Airplay.

This works for me with Qobuz using the Qobuz app on an iPhone (although I usually use the Qobuz plugin on LMS). This article suggests it may also work with Tidal.

It's possible to add radio streams as direct links in Favourites, no need for any radio app or mysb

I don't believe that is true for the latest BBC streams. The advice I got from the squeezebox forum was to run my own instance of LMS.
I am referring to use via a squeezebox radio.

I’m reading the posts about this topic and I have to say I’m confused. I have a Logitech transporter and I use squeezebox to play tidal. It seems that I will be affected and I’m afraid I won’t be able to use my tidal account.

Does anyone figure out a way to continue using Tidal?

Cheers for any replies

Yes. If you don't connect to MySqueezebox (or use the underlying features to make Tidal or Pandora work), then you can continue on as you did before. I expect there to be a new version of LMS (8.4) that completely removes the MySqueezebox functionality.
Thanks Mike.

I’m reading the posts about this topic and I have to say I’m confused. I have a Logitech transporter and I use squeezebox to play tidal. It seems that I will be affected and I’m afraid I won’t be able to use my tidal account.

Does anyone figure out a way to continue using Tidal?

Cheers for any replies
You should follow these threads and possibly others on the slim devices board

https://forums.slimdevices.com/forum/user-forums/general-discussion/1668568-tidal-deezer-pandora

https://forums.slimdevices.com/foru...uesmartradio-com-and-mysqueezebox-com-servers

Possibly some good news (call it a sticking plaster) for Tidal users.
I have a Chord Poly and control it using a free app on my phone called BubbleUPnP. This enables connection to my Tidal account and then I can cast/stream to the Poly (or the phone) or other UPnP renderers/players. Since December this supports Tidal Hi-res streams.

I also have several Squeezeboxes and run LMS on a home server. By installing the UPnP/DNLA Media Interface plugin in LMS (it's listed down at the bottom of the plugins list in the 3rd Party plugins), you can still play Hi-res Tidal through the Squeezebox, controlled using BubbleUPnP on the phone, by selecting the Squeezebox as a renderer/player in the BubbleUPnP app.

Seems to work fine, listening to Pulse (192/24) right now.

(This solution courtesy of the Logitech forums suggested by Paul Webster, and of course AndyG who greated the plugin).

:)

advertisement

Back