advertisement

my bloody valentine reissues

Quite a buzz about this over the last few days.No new material as some had suggested but everything available on vinyl apart from the EP's. Oh and for you youngsters it's all available on one of those streaming services!

I’m finding it hard to resist the red loveless t shirt. Wore my original one out about 25 years ago (bloody hell time flies)

I bought that EP set a few years ago but was disappointed it didn't include the Weatherall remix of 'Glider'.

The first two albums aren't included in the reissues either.

This is Your Bloody Valentine isn't up to much but Ecstasy is a fantastic album.

Mine arrived today, very nice: Tone Poet standard sleeve for what was a very decent price. Haven't actually listened to them yet...

The sleeve appears to be the only difference between standard & deluxe on these, and even that's pretty close to call. I'd struggle to tell them apart if not for the extra 'x' on the catalogue number.

No delivery here yet, boo. Have to admit, already having the two diferent versions on cd I can barely tell any difference between the two masterings. Be interesting to know what to look/listen out for.

I'm not sure they have! Hype sticker on both versions says 'fully analog cut'

There are two versions available - remaster from analog tape, and remaster from original digital tape.
Mine arrived today (went for the analog versions) - superbly done, bit of a bargain in my opinion!

There are two versions available - remaster from analog tape, and remaster from original digital tape.
Mine arrived today (went for the analog versions) - superbly done, bit of a bargain in my opinion!

That's my point. I'm not sure there are two versions. Both standard and deluxe vinyl releases have 'fully analog cut' on the hype sticker - I pored over both versions in my local indie this morning. Oh, and catching up this week's YT video from Mike Cornick at InGroove, he also says both versions are analogue.

But none of these are new, just reissues of the reissues from 3 years ago. Very much worth getting though if you missed them first time.

advertisement

Back