advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reds were dire tonight, worst performance this season to a man.

Agreed. They will need a much better effort in two weeks versus Red Bull in Salzburg.

If I am reading the group standings correctly, anything is possible - 1st, 2nd or even an early exit.

Terrific match between Valencia & Chelsea last night with a draw being a fair result although either side could have bagged all 3 points.
Last group match at home to Lille in a couple of weeks, which I'm lucky enough to be attending, and a victory will seal qualification to the knockout stages although a draw would also be enough if Ajax beat Valencia.

Loyalty to your own team is just how the game has always been with Banter and rivalry but even to contemplate such thoughts in ones mind let alone in print about a tragedy that affects another club or its supporters is beyond my comprehension.

This is also true of other events such as Bolton, Rangers,Bradford,Munich etc.

Try standing in the other guys shoes.

Strange result in the case of the 96, I thought they'd get their man, and allow them to draw a line under the situation. As a side note, I don't know if it's still available online, but many moons ago there was a page set-up with comments and witness statements from people that lived around the ground at the time, and it made for some very sober and sombre reading.

I wonder what odds you'd have got at the beginning of the season for two PL London clubs to have sacked their respective managers before the end of November?

I wonder what odds you'd have got at the beginning of the season for two PL London clubs to have sacked their respective managers before the end of November?

Quite low if you thought about it hard. I know plenty of THFC fans that thought Poch would go quite early. And Dick Emery, Arse not exactly done well under him even at the back of last season.......... More interesting what odds on Maureen being at THFC?

LFC will miss Fabinho, likely out til the new year with ankle ligament damage
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50602184

Huge loss! Henderson or Wijnaldum are capable backups, but neither can really "boss the middle" as Fabinho has done.

Hope he heals quickly, and that LFC doesn't drop too many PL points in the their flurry of December matches.

In the CL, if the Reds can get past Red Bull, then at least he should be back by the knockout phase.

Blow, but there should be enough on the bench to cover, maybe we'll have to see a return to the kamikaze football of the recent past...

Well, that didn’t exactly go to plan, but a massive three points for Liverpool. It will be no consolation to Seagull, but Brighton played really good football and probably deserved something from the game.

As is often the case it looks like the race for a top 4 finish is going to be a lot more interesting than the destination of the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back