advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zidane is being given 300 million to rebuild Real. He might try and swap Bale for Hazard. Unfortunately Bale doesn't want to go, according to talkSPORT, and at 30 he is probably too old for Chelsea.

That's a shame. Bale is almost the equal of Hazard.

Jack

Zidane is being given 300 million to rebuild Real. He might try and swap Bale for Hazard. Unfortunately Bale doesn't want to go, according to talkSPORT, and at 30 he is probably too old for Chelsea.

That's a shame. Bale is almost the equal of Hazard.

Jack
600k a week? Not for me.

Reds did enough for the points, back on top for a while

Yes, just barely enough. After the emotional win at Bayern, they were due for a letdown. Not sure what Fulham’s goalkeeper was thinking when he pulled Mané down! Perhaps simply returning the gift VVD gave Babel? :(

I see that City got the easy team in the semi. Dodgy penalty in the quarter that went in off the keeper, followed by an offside winner. Is it true what they say about a team's "name beiing on the cup"? :rolleyes:

Well, that was crap for 87 minutes. Winner incorrectly disallowed in the 120th minute.

Nasty foul on Dunk near the end deserved red card.

5-4 on penalties. Man City here we come.

Aside from an attempt by Hazard which hit the post, and a low, scorching shot by Higuain that was really well saved, Chelsea's starting line-up often fell back into the boring and predictable Sarri-ball noodling around the area.

The team thrashed Dynamo Kiev the other day with crosses from the wing which Giroud headed in, not all this farting around the box. I put the latter down to Sarri.

Unfortunately Giroud, Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek, were kept on the bench and came on far too late as subs. That's another Sarri specialty - he continues to use starting players even if Chelsea have gone behind and aren't scoring.

I watched the game on NBCSports. A pundit said Chelsea had a complete monopoly of the ball in the first half, but it was a waste of time because they didn't keep attacking with it.

We're doing okay in the Europa League Cup, but have thrown away our chance of getting into the PL top 4.

Maurizio 'Waste of Time' Sarri should be sacked. At lease one newspaper thinks he might go during the international break this coming week.

Jack

I see that City got the easy team in the semi. Dodgy penalty in the quarter that went in off the keeper, followed by an offside winner. Is it true what they say about a team's "name beiing on the cup"? :rolleyes:
Let's hope so!

Well, that was crap for 87 minutes. Winner incorrectly disallowed in the 120th minute.

Nasty foul on Dunk near the end deserved red card.

5-4 on penalties. Man City here we come.
Although I was cheering on Millwall (underdogs and all that) I would rather we faced Brighton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back