advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I second that I don’t know why Conte persists with playing Cahill I haven’t seen him have a good game this season.

Regards,

Martin

There is something not right at Chelsea. Conte looked almost distraught in the TV interview as if there were forces conspiring against him.

Celtic fans have been caught on camera chanting a vile song about the death of murdered soldier Lee Rigby.

In footage uploaded to Facebook yesterday, the rowdy Hoops supporters can be seen singing 'f*** Lee Rigby, you won't be f***ing drumming anymore!'

Celtic fans have been caught on camera chanting a vile song about the death of murdered soldier Lee Rigby.

In footage uploaded to Facebook yesterday, the rowdy Hoops supporters can be seen singing 'f*** Lee Rigby, you won't be f***ing drumming anymore!'

Every team has some moronic fans - your own is no exception.

Manchester United hooligans hurl bottles, throw punches and goad rival fans in shocking footage released by police.

A dozen Man U yobs have been handed football banning orders following the shameful scenes as the Red Devils faced Sheffield United in a FA Cup tie in Manchester.
Or

Manchester United fans seemingly intent on violence had golf balls, darts and other weapons taken from them as the dark spectre of football hooliganism returned to their Carling Cup meeting with neighbours City.

But not all fans are praised like Celtics. Not only winning the FIFA award the best fans in the world, but also this from German paper Bild today, (translated).

If you want to know what the big bang feels like, you just have to be in Celtic Park when Celtic Glasgow scores.

This stadium is pure magic. The fans in the stands just amazing. Goosebumps guaranteed. Perfect football atmosphere. Or simply: The best football mood in the world!

I was able to watch many great games in Europe and have lots of magical moments: "You'll Never Walk Alone" in Liverpool. 100,000 fans in Barcelona singing the Barca anthem. The crazy fans of Sevilla, who ignite a runner in front of the teams, which shakes the whole stadium. The whipping fans of Atlético Madrid. The trembling south stand in Dortmund, when the winner against Real falls. The collective ecstasy in the Weserstadion, as Werder (yes, they were once in the Champions League) led 5: 1, and then just before the end of the redeeming goal of Barca was shown in parallel on the scoreboard and Werder brought to No. 2.

But Celtic tops it all! I've never heard a stadium roar louder than McGregor's 1-1 win. Everyone, really everybody jumped up. Fantastic. A great orgasm of almost 60,000 Scottish throats
There's more if you want it ...

Depends when you posted it, there was a form issue earlier on resulting in a restore so some posts have unfortunately disappeared.

Reasonably amusing JB

Bloss

I was cheering Madrid on, but it didn't seem to help. Mind you they didn't collapse as badly as Chelsea did last night.

Madrid's passing was really bad. A lot of balls went way beyond their target. Hasn't a manager complained the balls are too light? Perhaps they are.

If Spurs hadn't been given the offside first goal, the game could have been very different.

Maybe you'll go on to win The Champions League. Stranger things have happened. Utd won it one year through sheer luck.

Jack

I was cheering Madrid on, but it didn't seem to help. Mind you they didn't collapse as badly as Chelsea did last night.

Madrid's passing was really bad. A lot of balls went way beyond their target. Hasn't a manager complained the balls are too light? Perhaps they are.

If Spurs hadn't been given the offside first goal, the game could have been very different.

Maybe you'll go on to win The Champions League. Stranger things have happened. Utd won it one year through sheer luck.

Jack

Jack you sound bitter. Just concentrate on getting rid of silly Conte, he wants out and has done for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back