advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be so JB, but for me I would rather support a team that has a few British players and not the odd token one.

Bloss

If there were not enough reasons to avoid the 2018 WC, England have dished up a timely reminder of what you can expect on the pitch. One word, woeful. A sharp bit of play with a few seconds left should not cause amnesia for the previous 90 mins. As a Palace fan, I'm not unfamiliar with 'woeful' right now but jeeze, look at the cost of that lot and at home FFS. <weeps>

the canuck anti capitalist who was adamant upthread about the quality of the usa football team has been notably quiet. wonder if he still thinks the fifa rankings of england and the usa are misplaced?

After the 4-0 win over Panama, I too thought the US would qualify. Should have taken a clue from the Mexico/T&T match, where it took two late (and rather ugly) goals to ensure the Mexican comeback.

Oh well, I can take some solace knowing that Fox just spent $400M to secure US viewing rights for the World Cup. Now I suspect only hard-core US footie fans will bother to watch.

Now I have to find a team to root for next year. Probably Mexico. Viva!

Messi is good enough to join Chelsea in January. We need another striker, in addition to Batshuayi, when Morata is injured.

Jack

Messi is good enough to join Chelsea in January. We need another striker, in addition to Batshuayi, when Morata is injured.

Jack

You can borrow one of our strikers if you want we have a quality striker overload at the mo, especially with Ibrahimovic due back in the new year.

Hang on to them.
You are going to need them when you start playing teams in the top part of the table.

Hang on to them.
You are going to need them when you start playing teams in the top part of the table.

We are going to need them all season long me old chum as there are bound to be numerous injuries to the strikers at some stage.

I was just showing the generous side of my nature to my old southern matey.

I hope El Plastico is last on MOTD.
It’s where it deserves to be.
What boring shite produced by the coward Mourinho yet again at Anfield.

I hope El Plastico is last on MOTD.
It’s where it deserves to be.
What boring shite produced by the coward Mourinho yet again at Anfield.

Oh dear and to think that you once had the privilege of teaching our young children, how ashamed they would be of you now.

Compare and contrast!

One team wants to win with a swagger
Another doesn’t want to lose and bores everyone to sleep.

Much as I hate to admit it the team that ends above City in the league will win the Prem. They are scoring goals for fun. As for Mourinho whats left to be said except for an opportunity badly missed at Anfield today. Liverpool were there for the taking but he hadn't the balls. Id rather have a 3-3 than what we got today and Im a Utd fan for past 54 years.

Not watched it yet as I was out training one of my dogs in Wilmslow, however where's me old mate JB?

Not a Palace fan exactly, but still fairly jubilant. Always great when one of the teams who fancy themselves as contenders get a doing from a team already pencilled in for the Championship.

PS Chelsea need more than Messi to make a challenge now :D.

Zaha scored a very good goal and we rode our luck a bit. Zaha along with Hazard is the most often fouled player and fair play to Chelsea they played him fairly.

We struggle without him and he is much better player than other teams supporters give him credit for.

In the opening game of the season we deservedly lost to Huddersfield but they targeted him and today was his first game back. If we go down which is very likely we will almost certainly lose him.

I think he was overawed at Man U and thrives on the support Palace fans show him.

Much as I hate to admit it the team that ends above City in the league will win the Prem. They are scoring goals for fun. As for Mourinho whats left to be said except for an opportunity badly missed at Anfield today. Liverpool were there for the taking but he hadn't the balls. Id rather have a 3-3 than what we got today and Im a Utd fan for past 54 years.

Did you even watch the game today? Jose knows that LFC are a far better footballing side than Man United and have been for the last few years. LFC were all over them and its only bad luck / ineptitude in front of goal that stopped Liverpool giving you a right hammering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back