advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread Pt II

Trouble is everyone thinks Chelsea will be getting last year’s Dzeko, who was a beast and scored for fun.
This year’s Dzeko is showing why City were happy to let him go.

Trouble is everyone thinks Chelsea will be getting last year’s Dzeko, who was a beast and scored for fun.
This year’s Dzeko is showing why City were happy to let him go.
We'll have last year's Dzeko then please.

Disgusting Masuaku should be shown the door....don't want despicable players like that at my club !
Well done Wigan thoroughly deserved the win although must say the penalty decision was a joke.
Need vast improvement on Tuesday night what with an ever growing injury list it's getting near critical level.

I hadn't quite realised the extent of Phil Neville's social media comments, but the Observer has helpfully listed some of them today. https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...done-football-diary-martin-glenn-phil-neville
a) Phil Neville clarifying that his sexist “historic social media comments” from 2011 “were not, and are not, a true reflection of either my character or my beliefs”. (Julie Neville’s line on her husband’s character and beliefs in 2015: “In 18 years he’s never made me a drink. He’s also never used a hoover, mop, dishwasher, or the washing machine.”)

The Lingerie Football League. Photograph: Alamy Stock Photo
b) Neville’s pledge to “help continue the growth of women’s football … I’m passionate about working with the women’s game” – two years after the hotel he co-owns hosted the launch of the Lingerie Football League – women playing in crop tops and hot pants. A petition accused the Class of 92 of exposing “women and girls to sexism and prejudice” and “to being viewed as sex objects, not sportswomen … It sets women’s football back at least 25 years.”

And c) The FA’s ethics team ruling that Neville’s tweets – including “Just battered the wife, feel better now!” – would not “meet the threshold for a charge” – seven months after they fined David Moyes £30,000 for telling a reporter: “You might get a slap, even though you’re a woman.” FA chairman Greg Clarke’s view on the Moyes case last year: “It’s doubly bad to use such a term against a woman because there’s a lot of violence against women in society. It was regrettable, distasteful, it showed a complete lack of respect. And we in the game stand for respect.”

Last edited:
His usual pattern is a load of goals in about six matches, then nothing for three months. If he had a blinder last season, it’ll probably be 2020 before he scores again

2016-17 Serie A top scorer with 29 goals.
In 38 appearances overall he scored 37 goals.

Nothing like that this season.

Phil Neville appears to be an out and out sexist. The FA don't give a monkey's about this. They have made him manager of the England women's team instead. Those at the top of the FA should be sacked. Kick the old, ignorant men out.

Jack
He was appointed by a woman wasn't he?

No he wasn’t.
Once all the applicants had been whittled down to a last six four withdrew. The two left then thought no not for me either.
So left with no other applicants Dan Ashworth offered it to his mate, sexist Neville.

the Football Association's head of women's football made the appointment according to the Telegraph.

Ulloa has just been re-signed by the Seagulls on loan for the rest of the season. He was (probably still is) the record sale for Brighton when he moved to Leicester a few years ago.

Not the greatest striker in the world but he should be an upgrade on Murray and Hemed would are both decent Championship level strikers but lack pace and skill needed in the Premier League. Though Murray is going for the record number of goals scored with his knee :)

Surprised that Ulloa wasn't on Chelsea's hit list for a big striker, they've already plundered Leicester's central midfield pair in the last 18 months.

the Football Association's head of women's football made the appointment according to the Telegraph.

According to the Guardian it was Ashworth.

Whoever is responsible it is a scandal that having no formal candidates left it was offered to a “Mate” who had not even applied for the job who turns out to be a misogynistic idiot.

According to the Guardian it was Ashworth.

Whoever is responsible it is a scandal that having no formal candidates left it was offered to a “Mate” who had not even applied for the job who turns out to be a misogynistic idiot.

When the Mark Sampson situation occurred , I thought the racism was being minimized and that if he had made any sexist comments he would have been straight out the door. It turns out the racism wasn't enough and now even sexism wouldn't of been...

One for Jack,

According to Chelsea News the Dzeko deal might not go through apparently he’s after a 3.5 year contract €5.5M a year which is £92K a week plus bonuses and he’s 32 in March. I suppose he’s looking for a big pay off on his last move.

Regards,

Martin

If Michy Batshuayi played like he has done for the last couple of games, we wouldn't need Dzeko. All he needs to do is move that rather large arse of his a bit more and he'd be a decent player.

The only reason he scored twice on Sunday was because I was shouting at him to peel off the defender on both occasions.

Yes, it was all down to me.

If Conte could insert two small electrical devices somewhere sensitive (one for left and one for right) and give me the remote, Batshuayi would score at least 25 goals in the second half of this season. No need to spend millions on another striker, just some basic electronics and my infallible reading of the game and we'll win the league by a country mile.

advertisement

Back