advertisement

MQA pt II

You know nothing about my politics, nor what I eat.
please spare me the details! let us know when you are ready for the poll so we form an “organic” view here and close this thread? you can then send it to MQA for achievement points.

And where is similar output for what GO claims to be the "Non Tidal Response" but has a curiously similar profile to the Tidal ones? You know, the control one that is supposed to demonstrate differences between TIDAL/MQA and LPCM?

How do normals open your plots - what format are they in?

You stil haven't twigged that what I've put up is just one small *part* of what I'm working on despite my repeatedly making that clear enough for others to realise. it is also provisional because my views,decisions on what/how to to do next, etc, develop as information gets produced.

The 'plots' I put up are pngs (bitmaps) of vector graphics genereated using programs on RISC OS. The vector originals are plots, not the data that generated them. (FWIW On Linux I use Veuse in a simiar way. If anyone wants to generate decent graphics I recommend that package. But on RO I generate DrawFiles which are a basic RO filetype. Often with a package called !Tau, but sometimes via a library I wrote for generating them from 'C' or 'BASIC'.) The *data* is in the zip for this *part* of what I'm doing. I put it up as it seems interesting, and the feedback of others has already been useful.

And I'm now cooking dinner. (My wife had a fit which delayed that!) HTH

please spare me the details! let us know when you are ready for the poll so we form an “organic” view here and close this thread? you can then send it to MQA for achievement points.
Ok, you are just being "weird" again...I thought otherwise...my mistake.

Just another "you must be a paid troll, because you have a view different from mine" accusation, thrown regularly at me and moderators, sadly allow.

Just another "you must be a paid troll,
not at all, please don’t worry, I genuinely go with what you say i.e that you are here because you enjoy MQA, looks like you have nothing against what they do and go on and on about it for the love of it and a bit of glory, the latter only in the most idealistic way - why the materialistic and other insinuation??

You stil haven't twigged that what I've put up is just one small *part* of what I'm working on despite my repeatedly making that clear enough for others to realise. it is also provisional because my views,decisions on what/how to to do next, etc, develop as information gets produced.

The 'plots' I put up are pngs (bitmaps) of vector graphics genereated using programs on RISC OS. The vector originals are plots, not the data that generated them. (FWIW On Linux I use Veuse in a simiar way. If anyone wants to generate decent graphics I recommend that package. But on RO I generate DrawFiles which are a basic RO filetype. Often with a package called !Tau, but sometimes via a library I wrote for generating them from 'C' or 'BASIC'.) The *data* is in the zip for this *part* of what I'm doing. I put it up as it seems interesting, and the feedback of others has already been useful.

And I'm now cooking dinner. (My wife had a fit which delayed that!) HTH
Fair enough. For those of us who have not studied GO's methodology as you have can you confirm if these three samples are purported to be:

1. Tidal MQA file, not unfolded, nor rendered.
2. Tidal MQA file, unfolded but not rendered.
3. GOs original input file processed through some standard LPCM DAC.

Your files don't open in windows and aren't recognized as bmp or png extensions.

I forget if DZ was ever formally asked directly about the nature of his relationship or link to MQA?
Multiple times. Very insulting, but moderators allow these personal attacks on me.

Just look me up. No relationship to any audio business or any business other than the one that employs me - Raytheon Technologies.

Multiple times. Very insulting, but moderators allow these personal attacks on me.

Just look me up. No relationship to any audio business or any business other than the one that employs me - Raytheon Technologies.

There is a ‘report’ button if you believe the AUP is being breached, we can’t be everywhere!

There is a ‘report’ button if you believe the AUP is being breached, we can’t be everywhere!
I appreciate it and understand. I don't report this stuff anymore, as it happens every day. It's fine, really, though repetitive.

You just can't have a thin skin if you listen to MQA and openly admit that you often like it :)

Reactions: RoA
almost charming, really, considering your many personal comments and suggestively waving the moderation does not work flag on every page and at every opportunity!
If you feel like I am breaking any rules, please flag me down to the moderators.

let me ask again - why do you think this (repetitive) insinuation is helping you?
It's not helping me, it's a nasty thing to accuse someone of. It happened a dozen times on this thread.

Besides, a simple google search on my name will show this to be false.

Nope, all of us are curious and eager to listen but you are choosing to be blind and deaf to the simple points that you keep dismissing and twisting, even genuine data, let alone ethics, interesting trait?

No. all of you are not curious and eager to listen, rather the opposite in fact, this has NOTHING to do with listening, rather the opposite actually. I can’t believe you are trying to imply otherwise, it’s just not true.
SOME OF THE MAIN DETRACTORS HAVE NOT HEARD MQA THROUGH MQA EQUIPMENT so how you arrived at the “all of us are curious and eager to listen” nonsense beggars belief tbh.

Please explain the “blind and deaf” comment, he has been very open about what he considers flaws or problems with MQA. He has actually listened to it so I’ll just say you’re pretty wrong

Have you actually read through the thread because it doesn’t seem like you have?

Ethics. That’s a interesting one.

What ethics are involved in the use of MQA that worry you exactly? Ethics today means thinking about the materials in your phone or where you buy your clothes, use Apple or google or Amazon or gas or electricity or eat meat, drink, smoke, drive, you know, stuff that really deserve a ethical stance.
MQA doesn’t require ethics, it’s should just be a choice regarding playback quality. If you’re really concerned with ethics maybe stop streaming altogether and buy records and CDS, the artists will be better off for a start.

Basically your whole post was nonsense wasn’t it, factually I mean?

Tube amplifiers are flawed, yet many like them and consider them superior sounding to better measuring solid state amps.

I have no idea what the valve vs solid state argument has to do with our discussion of MQA. I also have a feeling that Tim de Paravicini would have disagreed strongly with DZ's blanket statement that valve/tube amps sound worse than solid state ones.

The above is a exchange from a page or so ago which I’m pointing out as a example of the bullshit happening throughout this thread. Tube amplifiers are flawed? Well yes, measurably so but it’s the twist I would like to point out, specifically “Tim de Paravicini would have disagreed strongly with DZ's blanket statement that valve/tube amps sound worse than solid state ones”
He simply didn’t say anything regarding sound and I should know, I’ve been told not to ask such questions regarding sound impression as I’m being shallow when I do by a established member, is that what everyone really wants, no impressions of others kit because it is now considered shallow, what kind of posters do you want, just shut everything down and buy a ‘scope to look at patterns.

The poster I’ve quoted at the beginning of this post just does the same thing, personal slights with utter bullshit, it’s like fake news ffs but no one is reporting it or straightening out the facts, as it is obviously something close to the heart of many facts are left at the door which is completely unforgivable considering the mantras displayed throughout my time here and all in the name of a subject that few people really care about, how many MQA users have reported into this thread? Would you? It’s shameful shutting the subject down the way Rosewind/Mansr/Tuga would like, they want you to hear only them and they’ll go pretty low to do it judging by this thread.
Nice work gents you should be proud.

I’m just going to post in the What you listening to thread in the music room, seems a much more civilised and sensible way to spend my time rather than reading and getting involved in this awful mess.

Reactions: RoA
I get that part, but if not why insinuate me and bring it up?? or just applying ‘attack is the best defence’ only a bit hastily?
Dude, you insulted me and I am trying to convince you that's a bad thing to do and please don't do it again. It's a pretty normal human response.

Your response seems unusual to me - sure I insulted you, but stop bringing this up!

advertisement

Back