advertisement

Moving on to a more modern TV from a Pioneer plasma

Some Samsungs come now with a 'picture' mode that shows as a framed artwork when not in use for viewing. My Man cave 45" Samsung does this. Although I have it mounted on a shelf - it was designed to freestanding on legs and can still be wall mounted if needed. I do not use the picture mode myself but when I was playing around with it - it was very good.

But a bit of diversion as it not an OLED - but a Samsumg QLED - not the same thing at all.

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. One thing I forgot to ask was about something I've read stating the recommended screen size for Ultra HD TVs is now larger for the distance from which we sit from the TV (than it was when we bought the Pioneer plasma). Our heads on the sofa are about 9 & 1/2 feet from the screen and I have seen suggestions that a 65 - 70" screen size is going to be better at that distance, though I really don't want to go beyond 55" due to limited wall space and budget. Is a 55" screen going to be suitable for this viewing distance?
If you sit too far from a 4K tv you won’t be able to tell the difference between that and a 1080p tv.

advertisement

Back