advertisement

MOTO GP

scottyhammer

pfm Member
Any fans on here ?

Watched the British GP today on BT sport really good race considering the wet track extra bonus was seeing Rossi win just a shame that Marqez crashed out just as the duel for the lead was warming up for an exciting finish ......still can't have it all I suppose.

The British riders did pretty well with exception to Cal Crutchlow who seems to have problems with his current team / bike.

Good viewing though

Scotty

Any fans on here ?

Watched the British GP today on BT sport really good race considering the wet track extra bonus was seeing Rossi win just a shame that Marqez crashed out just as the duel for the lead was warming up for an exciting finish ......still can't have it all I suppose.

The British riders did pretty well with exception to Cal Crutchlow who seems to have problems with his current team / bike.

Good viewing though

Scotty
I think Cal's problem was Jack Miller!

Best Motorsport viewing period.

Brother and I went to Friday practice, a great day. Know Rossi is a race day man but did not expect that result given the timings from Friday.

Was hoping Smithy would do a lot better at home GP but Redding did well.

Wonder if we will ever see another British champion in my life time ??

Was hoping Smithy would do a lot better at home GP but Redding did well.

Wonder if we will ever see another British champion in my life time ??

About time for Redding, I have been quite disappointed in someone who pushed Marquez hard in Moto2. Some do take a while to get up to speed in the top class and I hope this is the case with Redding. Maybe going to Pramac Ducati will work out better as it seems the Honda this year is tough to ride.

I have high hopes for Kent as he is dominating Moto3 this year but that is no guarantee for the bigger bikes.

I missed the Sheene years and have been watching British riders get to nearly but not quite status for my whole time watching MotoGP and GP so would love to see a champ as well.

Wake up! Visor down...

MotoGp is back on after a covid break. Jerez today.

Looking forward to watching it all, including the qualifying. We have the motoGp video pass for viewing porpoises :)

NO SPOILERS PLEASE !

I am watching the qualifying now.

Great track Jerez, but I prefer Valencia, I went to an end of season race there a few years ago. A mental weekend.

Go Cal!

Last edited:
I'm not sure why I'm not a massive fan of Moto GP, every time I've caught a race it has been amazing racing, I just seem to forget all about it until I catch another race.

I have now seen Moto 3 and MotoGp - solid bonkers racing.

We screamed at the tv coverage a few times, it was that kind of race.

My wife loves MotoGp as well, which is a good thing as I watch all the qualifying and build up for all races. I will even watch the e-series at some time.

Cracking start to the short season !!!

There was one World Superbike race at the start of the year, Oz I think. They were stunning races, not sure if they have restarted yet.

love the onboard cameras and lean data etc. not so keen on the butchered highlights i have to make do with.

love the onboard cameras and lean data etc. not so keen on the butchered highlights i have to make do with.

After not much discussion, we have had the MotoGp video pass for a few years.

You get access to all races plus a library of old motogp going back years. I don't watch it live anymore, we binge motoGp + 2 & 3 qualifying, then watch the races all on the same day. I think it costs about £200 for a year, which is what I would blow if we went to see one race weekend live, probably more.
I think it can be accessed via BT sport, but I ain't keen on that route.

Usually I enjoy the Moto 3 race the best. MotoGp can be a let down. Not this time though, it was a corker.

Best wishes to Marc Marquez. Let's hope his injury isn't too severe.

We regard Marquez as the baddie of the field, and before he came along, Lorenzo had that role.

It was an incredible save though (his first off) and he is ultra talented, we just cannot stand his riding etiquette.

Shame Joan Mir slammed, I really like his style.

Pity the Suzy's had a bad run, they have made great progress since coming back.

Zarco has lost his shine as well, pity because I like his style as well, reminds me of Simoncelli.

I wish Dovi would hang his helmet up, he has passed it now, and he was never Casey Stoner.

Bizarre yamaha tyre choice, although didn't do Maverick any harm.

At least with Marquez out of the picture (?) it may be a good season...

Broken humerus with possibly other damage. Whether he'll be sufficiently fit for next week remains to be seen. But what a recovery ride! He really deserved that podium place.
Riding next week with a week-old broken humerus? Even Arnie can't do that. Minimum 3 weeks before his arm will work again, especially when the day job is wrestling with a 500lb motorcycle.

I do like bike racing & remember the buzz in Scarborough when Barry Sheene was racing at Oliver’s Mount. You could hear the bikes all over the town.

Tragic that Sheene died so young as he was a brilliant character.

Riding next week with a week-old broken humerus? Even Arnie can't do that. Minimum 3 weeks before his arm will work again, especially when the day job is wrestling with a 500lb motorcycle.
Moto GP bikes are 350lbs, still a lot with a broken bone.

Pete

advertisement

Back