advertisement

MOTO GP

It was great fun!

I really like that track, corner #3 is always a laugh.
It reminds me of the last corner at Knockhill race track (before the start/finish) - that always provides a great deal of argy-bargy:)

It was a bit exciting.
It sure was!
next up, Silverstone Bank holiday weekend.
With the possibility of Vinales not racing for Yamaha again it is likely that Cal Crutchlow will ride the works Yamaha and possibly Jake Dixon on the Petronas SRT yamaha whilst Morbidelli is recovering from knee surgery until probably Missano.
So could be two British riders racing in MoteGp plus Sam Lowes in Moto2 and John Mcphee in Moto3 so plenty of local interest.
Ticket sales are likely to be very high due to the above plus the fact that Valentino Rossi will be (probably) racing in the UK for the last time.
The crowd and circuit tributes to Rossi were great to see for this 'older statesman' of MotoGp.
Enjoy!

It sure was!
next up, Silverstone Bank holiday weekend.
With the possibility of Vinales not racing for Yamaha again it is likely that Cal Crutchlow will ride the works Yamaha and possibly Jake Dixon on the Petronas SRT yamaha whilst Morbidelli is recovering from knee surgery until probably Missano.
So could be two British riders racing in MoteGp plus Sam Lowes in Moto2 and John Mcphee in Moto3 so plenty of local interest.
Ticket sales are likely to be very high due to the above plus the fact that Valentino Rossi will be (probably) racing in the UK for the last time.
The crowd and circuit tributes to Rossi were great to see for this 'older statesman' of MotoGp.
Enjoy!

Last time I saw MotoGp in the U.K. it was at Donington, absolutely foul weather, but I got some pleasing photos of the riders (inc. Rossi) going through the Foggy Esses.

Looking forward to it.

Note:
The British MotoGp is on ITV from 12:30 hrs.
The circuit is Silverstone.

I see the coverage is till 14:30 hrs. I hope that may be extended as the weather may play a part in the days racing. ???

If not careful he will emulate Rossi with his altercation in the the 2015 Sepang Grand Prix!

Now now.... nothing was proven and there were no pictures of an 'actual event'.
Personally I think Marquez crashed because Rossi, being totally p!55ed off by Marquez's ridiclous multi corner passes that slowed Rossi down (Marquez's lines were not conducive of 'going round corners quickly') took his own wide line to push Marquez out to the edge of the track. Marquez need not have crashed at that pont all he had to do was slow down even more than they both already had and he would not have done so. Yes Rossi put his leg out but I saw no actual contact.

I liked Marquez a lot up until then having followed him up through the lower classes and into MotoGp with some stunning rides / races.
However, Marquez has always barged people out of the way and intimidated them. Rossi is not innocent there though either.

What must however be said of Rossi is that he has single handedly put MotoGp on the map and led to millions of followers around the globe in what is still effectively a minority sport although much admired by myself.

I wasn't able to watch the races live so only caught up with Silverstone yesterday - not the absolute best but not bad.

If Marquez and Rossi both leave the sport it will still be the most entertaining racing for years with multiple riders and manufacturers. In fact better if Marquez doesn't get back out in front as much as he used to.

Best bit of the race on Sunday was seeing 'Espargaro the senior' take his first podium and that of Aprilia - its been a long time coming and much deserved.
Now lets see what 'Top Gun' can do on it and what Dovi can do on the (second rate) Morbidelli Yamaha. What Morbidelli can do on the works Yamaha too for that matter!

I dont like Aragon much but after that its Misano - cant wait for the reception Rossi will get there. Pity I cant get there - wow what an atmosphere!

YMMD.

The shape of things to come? Great scrap for the lead at the end, with Marquez not quite on top form (couldn't make any of those overtakes stick). However, he's clearly on the way back.

Great first win for Bagnaia. Long time coming too. Monkey now off his back so should progress well fro here on in.
Marquez tried very hard to make his (7) passes in the last 3 laps stick but just couldn't.
Bagnaia was wise to it too, making sure Marquez had gone past him before turning in and cutting Marquez off.
Missano (1 of 2) up next, can hardly wait.

Great first win for Bagnaia. Long time coming too. Monkey now off his back so should progress well fro here on in.
Marquez tried very hard to make his (7) passes in the last 3 laps stick but just couldn't.
Bagnaia was wise to it too, making sure Marquez had gone past him before turning in and cutting Marquez off.
Missano (1 of 2) up next, can hardly wait.

We hope Rossi can make a podium at Misano, but know that he has little or no chance.

Good to see the Suzuki’s doing okay, and Aprillia getting near the top.

We still enjoy Moto3 as much as the main race, if not more so.

advertisement

Back