advertisement

Monitor Audio Loudspeakers

If you didn't mind stand mounts the Silver 100 7G can be found for £500 on eBay right now (£800 RRP) and supposed to have plenty enough bass. I've never heard them but a couple of favourable reviews, FWIW:

And a review of the little brother 50 7G...

If you didn't mind stand mounts the Silver 100 7G can be found for £500 on eBay right now (£800 RRP) and supposed to have plenty enough bass. I've never heard them but a couple of favourable reviews, FWIW:

It's got to be Floorstanders. I have 15 grandchildren who are very curious!

A freind has a pair of RS1 (standmount) driven by a beefy NAD integrated, its always impressed me with its big bouncy, detailed and dynamic sound.

I listened to most Studio series models in my late teens, when I was taking my first steps in this hobby and spent many afternoons auditioning gear at the Portuguese MA, AE, Roksan, Audiolab and DPA distributor.
They sounded bright and harsh even then.
That must have been some odd thirty years ago, right? Things have changed a lot since then.

Breaking news they can get to floor standers as well !... though maybe not push them over... Hopefully !;)
I have three pairs of stand mounts and a pair of floor standers. The only ones that ever got pushed over by my daughters were the floor standers. Go figure...

That must have been some odd thirty years ago, right? Things have changed a lot since then.

Well, not those models but the ensuing ones.
I posted this before the message you quoted:

From the early '90s (Monitor & Studio series) up until the RS-series their speakers sound bass-light and bright. That started to change with the RX series and most ensuing models seem to have an almost neutral balance.

I generally like a laid back sound but I love my Studio 20 SEs. I don't find them overly bright just very detailed but I do use them with a valve pre and class A monoblocs which might suit them better than AB. Haven't got round to trying valve power yet.

I have a pair of Monitor Audio Gold GR10's, they are stand mounted but sound superb for their size. My best friend has a pair of floor standing GR60's which are indeed excellent. They are pretty large and need a fair bit of power to drive them. Anything in the Gold or indeed Platinum range will sound superb but I am not too aware of used prices for them. Perhaps £600 might get you some GR60's though.

I have a pair of Monitor Audio Gold GR10's, they are stand mounted but sound superb for their size. My best friend has a pair of floor standing GR60's which are indeed excellent. They are pretty large and need a fair bit of power to drive them. Anything in the Gold or indeed Platinum range will sound superb but I am not too aware of used prices for them. Perhaps £600 might get you some GR60's though.
Thanks Alun,
I'm still looking but mentioning the GR60's opens up other possibilities.

I have a pair of Silver 100 6Gs and I love them. They have 8" drivers so bass is plentiful despite being stand-mounts, and the mids and highs are nicely detailed without being fatiguing. They are great all-rounders. They do require a decent amount of oomph to get the best out of them, but they aren't "ATC" levels of insensitive 😅

advertisement

Back