advertisement

Monarchy question

Oh I know it was a deliberate 'statement' even down to the inside out hood :) That's part of my problem with Mr C. A tad easily (mis) directed IMO. I certainly think an anti war stance is a fine ideal in general, but stated clearly, at the right time and in the right place and then , importantly, having the good grace to attend a ceremony to honour the dead looking like you intend honour. Or don't attend.

Corbyn was sporting a natty anorak at the memorial service today
Why can't he learn to play the game? We all remember Michael Foot and the donkey jacket jibe, so why TF can't Corbyn say "OK lads, play the game. Dark grey or black suit. White shirt. Sober tie. Black shoes, plain. Long black or navy blue coat, Crombie style. I've worn similar to funerals. Mission accomplished, no criticism available, done. It's functional, standing around in November can get cold, if it p*sses down you get a black brolly off the Special Branch cops who are looking after you, and a Crombie will soak up a good deal of rain before you actually start getting wet. The alternatives are that you know that the press will be all over you.

advertisement

Back