advertisement

Mobile for the Missus (good camera!)

A late model iPhone bought used will have an excellent camera and will receive OS updates for years longer than the great majority of Androids.

A late model iPhone bought used will have an excellent camera and will receive OS updates for years longer than the great majority of Androids.

Their cameras are nowhere near as good as the Samsung or Google offerings...

No matter what you think or have read; it's a fact...

And I love everything Apple, bar their phones... They're just not that good!

I haven't read or compared anything, only saying that iPhones have excellent cameras, which IME&O they do. Of course it depends on the intended use of the photographs. I'd probably not make large prints from them, for example, and they may not satisfy pixel peepers used to say a Canon R5!

I'll agree with anyone commenting that the wide angle camera on current iPhones gives a messy result, though.

As for saying iPhones are just "not that good", well that's a bit arrogant really. Comparing IOS to Andrid I think of geese, ganders, swings, roundabouts, horses, and courses. They each have their strengths and weaknesses depending on their users' intents.

Yes, it's interesting when I read the actual specs of iPhone cameras that they definitely are now being beaten by the Android flagships. I'm talking the nitty gritty about sensor size/types. I tend to post process any decent images anyway so sensor size is important.

Yes, it's interesting when I read the actual specs of iPhone cameras that they definitely are now being beaten by the Android flagships. I'm talking the nitty gritty about sensor size/types. I tend to post process any decent images anyway so sensor size is important.

The Google Pixels are famed for their camera... It's deffo worth noting IMO if the camera is one of the important aspects when looking for a new phone

I love my Pixel 4XL; I also have a Redmi Note 9 Pro (as does the wife) and I've got a Samsung Note 20 Ultra; fantastic phone, but it's pictures always come out 2nd to the Pixel

Even though this is hosted by Postimage; this is a good picture taken on my 4XL:

This one taken on my Note 20 Ultra:

In decent lighting (not too contrasty) all the phones will take decent quality pictures now. I prefer the way my iPhone X (10) reproduce colour though. It can get very close to my Canon in ideal conditions.

I'd like an iPhone 12 but in about 12 months when the 13 is released. I'll never buy a current model phone again. The value drop after 12 months is just silly now. A clear sign that they've become way overpriced.

advertisement

Back