advertisement

Mobile for the Missus (good camera!)

andyoz

pfm Member
My wifes Sony XZ1 is due to be handed down to the kids (we only paid £220 for it in 2019).

I basically want to get the best bang for her buck in terms of camera as that'll be it's main function. Don't care about screens size as the more compact the phone the better for her.

I normally buy 'last years model' when they are dumping prices (just got a OnePlus 8 Pro for myself for £520 but it would be too big for her).

I'm not seeing anything jumping out at me in the Sony range though as they have just released there new models but not shipping yet...

Any ideas at sub £450 mark? Remember camera first...

Interesting, I always thought Notes were tablet but see they aren't!
So it's a mobile with a pen?

yes - a great mobile. I have a been using my Note9 and now Note20 as a camera for ages. I am happy with the quality of the camera

yes - a great mobile. I have a been using my Note9 and now Note20 as a camera for ages. I am happy with the quality of the camera

Well it certainly meets my criteria of buying the phone model that's being dumped cheap onto market. Late 2019 model originally £900+ and now near £400? So now the question is where to buy...

I had a couple of Huaweis that were good for photos, not very crush resistant though.

P 20 Lite under £200 iirc

Lots pal... Big handset, great screen & camera etc...

But hardly any of them use the phone more than that & never the stylus.

Everyone else are on iPhones...

The Note 10 is a superb handset, but will its functionality be used?

If not, my advice, stick with a Google handset

Probably not but it does look like a beast. Does it have the better screen than Google? Both cameras have the same 1/2.55" sensor sensor size. I'm checking them out now

Probably not but it does look like a beast. Does it have the better screen than Google? I'm checking out them now

The Samsung screens are very hard to beat IMO. They really are that good...

But the Pixel screens are also excellent

They are both superb handsets. I've loved every Samsung Note I've had, but I never used them to their fullest.

My Pixel 4XL now is superb and for me, unbeatable.

Fantastic camera, one of the best. Superb functionality & usability and as its Vanilla Android, it gets all the updates first...

advertisement

Back