advertisement

Mobile Fidelity, ‘One Step’ etc

<moderating>

I’ve merged the new thread into the main one and in doing so I edited a post slightly as I’d lost the settlement figure as that was in the new thread title.

PS $25m seems a huge amount for an audiophile record label even in the case of obvious fraudulent advertising. I’m amazed the business is worth that figure. The irony is none of this impacted the record collector market much, rare Mo-Fi albums remained valuable.

I wonder whether the $25m is made up of assumptions on the total cost of refunds and discounts, so is maybe a potential rather than actual bill to pay? Also I think I have seen some evidence from US of slipping market values and longer time to sell out new editions.

Meanwhile Chad Kassem is giggling to himself in the AP vault.

$25m seems a huge amount for an audiophile record label even in the case of obvious fraudulent advertising. I’m amazed the business is worth that figure.

I'm curious too. Someone posted on Reddit that they made $9m last year on revenue of $40m - which seems like a pretty good result for a small record company if true. The reputational damage to the business must be huge though. I wonder how much it's worth now as a going concern.

The original MoFi became bankrupt I think. This is a Music Direct operation now, I don't know how big that outfit is but this is their mistake.

advertisement

Back